PDA

View Full Version : help me remember where this beach is

gavin310
12-05-2008, 07:08 PM
hey i was driving north on pch (coming from los angeles) one time and found this beach. i can't remember where it was and can't locate it on google earth. i'll describe it and hopefully someone will know where it is. it's a really nice beach so PM me with info if you prefer :)

this was right along PCH before or after the sand dunes. not sure, but probably before them. you parked right along PCH and there was a staircase right there. the staircase was pretty steep and was like concrete and metal that was pretty worn. the staircase went down a pretty steep clifside. the beach was almost like a cove (maybe only at high tide) and there were lots of people with dogs. that's really all i got... does this ring a bell to anyone?

on google i found some beach called Staircase Beach, but I don't think it's the one. Can't find very much info on it and can't find it on Google Maps.

any help is appreciated! thanks

hughpam
12-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Crystal Cove?

gavin310
12-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Crystal Cove?

Nope this is north, past Malibu. I do like Crystal Cove though, really pretty beach. Caught my first surf fish there :Smile:

Wingnut
12-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Probably El Matador or El Pescador Beach... South of Point Mugu. :Wink:

wetbait
12-06-2008, 10:43 AM
:Evil::Twisted:

spooks
12-06-2008, 06:50 PM
here's a link to the possible spot in question
http://www.rockcitynews.com/pages/california/labeaches/beachesrobertmeyerleft.html

gavin310
12-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Probably El Matador or El Pescador Beach... South of Point Mugu. :Wink:

hmmm nope, judging from the pictures it's not any of those. those are actually a bit nicer :) this had just had a single concrete staircase that started right off of PCH and went down like 30 steps. it was a smaller beach kinda blocked in by rocks, but it was probably a high tide at the time.