PDA

View Full Version : Hesbros and Flyngby LB 12/1

HESBROS
12-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Well we finally were able to make some plans with Steve (Flyngby) to go fishing since he has worked the last two weks straight. Well, so I thought. Last I had pm'd was to meet at 0330 at the designated meeting spot. Well, 0400 came and no Steve....WTF, he said he would be there. So off we went, I figured something had come up and he could not make it, and I did not want to call that early and get on the bad side of his wife, especially over fishing.
We arrived to very foggy conditions at Davie's Launch in Alamitos Bay at 0530. We put the boat in the water and really did not do much, fished around the 2nd St. Bridge to kill time throwing plastics waiting fo conditions to improve.
At 0630 I decided to call Steve and see what the deal was, turns out he overslept and did not hear his alarm at 0200, it's ok Steve, you deserved to sleep in! I told Steve that we had not even left the Harbor yet and that it was foggy and we would wait for him, and he agreed and would be down in a jiffy!
Conditions got better while we were waiting so we ran out and got a great half scoop mix of dines and Choves from Nacho. Thanks Nacho, you rock!
Went back and picked up steve and headed out in search of bones for future hoop bait. We got one on the troll and thats it. Maybe we looked in the wrong place. We decided to head in and go local for some flatties. When we came into Queens Gate, there were Bones on the inside crashing bait along the wall. My bro hooked up one in there.
I dont recall what time we finally started fishing flatties, maybe 1130 or so. We all got one short each and then Steve got his first legal (on our boat) and his personal best to date around 1500. It was 38 inches and a beauty. Congrats Steve on a job well done and a very nice fish.

Look, he does smile,it just takes big butts to get him to!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1057.jpg

Another shot.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1060.jpg

and another.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1061.jpg

After we settled down from Stves fish it was time to get the hoops ready for some hooping.

Started pulling our 1st set at 1715 and pulled the last set at 2015 with 9 legals. Not too bad, we headed in early since the fog was rolling in thick early.

So in addition the the nice flattie, Steve went home with these as well.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1071.jpg

Rich and I are very happy that you got a big one Steve, congats once again.

Eddie and Rich
"Hesbros"

Wingnut
12-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Simply awesome! The Hesbros & Flyngby Dynamic Duo does it again!
Beautiful Flat Boy Steve... only if I can pull one of those brutes out of the surf. :Wink: Well done you guys and thanks for the terrific report. :Big Grin:

Steve, you earned that fish after all the hours & hard work you put in fighting those fires. :Cool: Good things happens to good people. :Envious:

CoffeaRobusta
12-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Wow....looks like a good time! I may have to hit up Long Beach harbor in my yak next. Though I don't think I can work it as effectively as you can from a power boat...that's a big place. Better yet you guys will have to tow me behind your boat.

Did you catch much by the 2nd street bridge? On sunday night I was across the channel at mothers beach and caught a fat yfc...maybe 13 in.

cappo
12-02-2008, 07:09 AM
oh ya thats a nice flattie. congrats!!

tacklejunkie
12-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Way to go guys! Awesome hali there!
My GF wants to eat those lobsters! :LOL:

Very cool report and pics. Good work hanging in there for the big hali you were after Steve!

BingJr
12-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Beautiful Fish and Bugs.

I dont know that a Halibut and Lobster dinner can be topped by anything on the planet! Awsome.

Ren714
12-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Wow isn't she a beauty!! Congrats on the catch. Thanks for the report.

klocked
12-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Way to go Steve!! that's a nice butt you hooked up with right there!!! :Cool:
And lobster to boot!! Now i'll go back and read the report:LOL:

Great job out there

I am :Envious: with envy lol

chris
12-02-2008, 10:25 AM
good job can't beat that, slept in , still fished, caught the big one and brought home tail for the wifey!

bullets_full
12-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Very nice job right there!

_Bullets

ghetto dad
12-02-2008, 10:28 AM
NICE job boyz....thats the first time i have seen steve smiling in any picture! :ROFL:

GD

HESBROS
12-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Hey Johnson, quit admiring the pics of yourself and bring our damn ice chest back! Oh, and since you gotta bring the ice chest, bring your hooping clothes and dinner and lets go hooping tonight! Check ur PM!

FISHSTIX
12-02-2008, 12:01 PM
nice job on that flatty guys...good lookin bugs too, it looks like it was a great day on the water.

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Thats a nice pig of a flattie....a huge congrats !

I'll bet that sucka gave ya a wonderfull thump of a fight !...salute..

What lb test ya running ?

Nice lobster too....!

I've been priveledged to enjoy a halibut and lobster catch only 1 time, I landed about a 28 inch halibut and a about a 10 lb lobster along with a rey that I ate....I ate them all in one sitting with a family of 4 and obviously the rey lost the competition as far as flavor goes...you just cannot compare those bugs and flats to anything else....too damn delicious !!!

Congrats !!!
Gary

flyngby
12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks all,

Will respond with more later as I am loading the gear to go be Deckhand on "HESBROS" and pull some more Bugggggggs!!!!!!

Steve

fishnFF
12-02-2008, 03:46 PM
NICE Flattie Steve. You guys are getting me all jacked up to fish down there. Hope all is well. Are you done baby sitting for the season? Funny thing is I was in HB when you were catchin that fatty. Lets work on picking a date for dec. fishing!

Eddie...I am sure it was through your guidance and expertice that all this was possible.

CrabMan
12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Now that's what I call a great day! Flatties by day, bugs by night and some darn good eatin':LOL:

Thanks for the report and pics.
P.S. isn't Nacho the man. He has the best bait, the best tips and really loads you up. It's another world when you go down south and they almost count every bait they are selling you. Nacho's half scoop is like three scoops in Dana or SD!

flyngby
12-04-2008, 08:14 PM
HESBROS,

Sorry for being late to the meeting location and thanks for the call and waiting me.

Thanks for putting me on such a nice MISTER FLATTIE!!

Sorry for frustrating you with all the missed opportunities while learning the HESBRO'S Flatboy technique.

The hooping was great also too bad the thick fog sent us to the harbor.

Eddie and Rich my thanks for you hard work and patients to get me on that fish!!!!!!

Simply awesome! The Hesbros & Flyngby Dynamic Duo does it again!
Beautiful Flat Boy Steve... only if I can pull one of those brutes out of the surf. :Wink: Well done you guys and thanks for the terrific report. :Big Grin:

Steve, you earned that fish after all the hours & hard work you put in fighting those fires. :Cool: Good things happens to good people. :Envious:

Thanks Arthur,

HE was a brute and a big step up from my previous PB. Will be even harder to get to the 40" model but with the "HESBROS" anything is possible!!!!!

Wow....looks like a good time! I may have to hit up Long Beach harbor in my yak next. Though I don't think I can work it as effectively as you can from a power boat...that's a big place. Better yet you guys will have to tow me behind your boat.

Did you catch much by the 2nd street bridge? On sunday night I was across the channel at mothers beach and caught a fat yfc...maybe 13 in.

CoffeaRobusta,

Your Yak would have no problem getting to that location and let the wind push you along for the drift.

oh ya thats a nice flattie. congrats!!

Yes He was, thanks.

Way to go guys! Awesome hali there!
My GF wants to eat those lobsters! :LOL:

Very cool report and pics. Good work hanging in there for the big hali you were after Steve!

Casey,

You could probably figure out a was to Hoop net from the tube seeing your skills on the water!!!!

Beautiful Fish and Bugs.

I dont know that a Halibut and Lobster dinner can be topped by anything on the planet! Awsome.

Dinner was going to be tasty but I fell asleep at the grill due to long hours at the grill and I had to go to work putting out the fire. J/k MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Wow isn't she a beauty!! Congrats on the catch. Thanks for the report.

Thanks.

Way to go Steve!! that's a nice butt you hooked up with right there!!! :Cool:
And lobster to boot!! Now i'll go back and read the report:LOL:

Great job out there

I am :Envious: with envy lol

Thanks John,

I sent a PM to you!!!!!

good job can't beat that, slept in , still fished, caught the big one and brought home tail for the wifey![/QUOTE

Thanks Chris,

Eddie and Rich talk good things about you and some day we will cross paths out there for the long haul!

[QUOTE=bullets_full;274921]Very nice job right there!

_Bullets

Thanks.

NICE job boyz....thats the first time i have seen steve smiling in any picture! :ROFL:

GD

I remembered your last comments and smiled just for you!!!!!:Big Grin::ROFL:

Hey Johnson, quit admiring the pics of yourself and bring our damn ice chest back! Oh, and since you gotta bring the ice chest, bring your hooping clothes and dinner and lets go hooping tonight! Check ur PM!

Got it Eddie and Thanks for another great night of pulling nets for 18 Buggs!!!!!

nice job on that flatty guys...good lookin bugs too, it looks like it was a great day on the water.

Great Day indeed!!!!!!!

Thats a nice pig of a flattie....a huge congrats !

I'll bet that sucka gave ya a wonderfull thump of a fight !...salute..

What lb test ya running ?

Nice lobster too....!

I've been priveledged to enjoy a halibut and lobster catch only 1 time, I landed about a 28 inch halibut and a about a 10 lb lobster along with a rey that I ate....I ate them all in one sitting with a family of 4 and obviously the rey lost the competition as far as flavor goes...you just cannot compare those bugs and flats to anything else....too damn delicious !!!

Congrats !!!
Gary

Thanks Gary!!!

My son still wants to SLAY his first Striper!!!

NICE Flattie Steve. You guys are getting me all jacked up to fish down there. Hope all is well. Are you done baby sitting for the season? Funny thing is I was in HB when you were catchin that fatty. Lets work on picking a date for dec. fishing!

Eddie...I am sure it was through your guidance and expertice that all this was possible.

Tim,

PM me the dates you will be down here, we need to get you on the action!!!!

Now that's what I call a great day! Flatties by day, bugs by night and some darn good eatin':LOL:

Thanks for the report and pics.
P.S. isn't Nacho the man. He has the best bait, the best tips and really loads you up. It's another world when you go down south and they almost count every bait they are selling you. Nacho's half scoop is like three scoops in Dana or SD!

Thanks,

Yes NACHO does rock. Maybe it was the large BUGG we gave him after an all night session of great fishing.

ThemBastards
12-05-2008, 11:59 AM
MMMMmmm now that is what I call dinner

olfishergal
12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Very nice...........I am heading out on the Speed Twin out of Ventura tomorrow. Was invited to attend a GCLA event and hope to catch a few something......I really need to get some bugs but won't on this trip.......Glad to see that nice flattie, fgives me hope I'll get a big one yet..congrats...OFG