PDA

View Full Version : Newport on T-day, Dana Point the next day

CoffeaRobusta
12-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Hit up the Newport and Dana point over the holiday. No spectacular catches for me but i had fun anyway. It's nice to be out on the water, enjoying these fine wonderful days that god gave us.

Well t-day started off a little wet on the drive to M-street but let up by the time we hit the water. I was able to land two short halibuts and wokiee got a big ole bass.

The next day we launched out of baby's beach in Dana Point. Cruised to the bait barge for some sardines and proceed to fish the harbor. I had never been there before so I was keen on checking out a new place. Again I caught two fish this time BSBs. Wokiee outdid me that day with a cuda, WSB, and two halibuts...one at 20 inches. He had quite the audience when he caught that one. Oh yeah how could I forget that he caught a pelican ... poor bastard.

I never knew DFG partrol boat Thresher berths at Dana. Maybe they'll let me take that fishing. I also had some nice close up views of two pelagic cormorants...a little different from the double-crested ones you usually see.

crappiemike
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
good catches out there!! thnx for that..

cm

Wingnut
12-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Very cool yak report, love that area. Congrats on the catch. :Cool: :Big Grin:

boxl0bster
12-02-2008, 03:24 AM
awesome, youre making me want to save up for a yak now. =) thanks for the report.

Troutman65
12-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Nice going out there. The DFG boat pic. is :Cool: Thanks for the report

WOKIEE
12-03-2008, 08:22 PM
hey coffee i had a great time that was a great trip thanks for the post we need to go again soon..

supasportkid
12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
great job out there. thanks for the report

flyngby
12-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Looks a nice 2 day outing.

Thanks for the report and pics!!!

Steve