PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Cliffs Res

troutslayer05
12-01-2008, 02:33 PM
I fished Shadow Cliffs lake in Pleasanton yesterday. Fished Stanly shoreline for about two hours. When i pulled in the guy at the Kiosk wasent there so i just drove through and parked my car and walked over to set up our stuff. After i set up my stuff i went back to pay my fees. As I walked back to my gear i noticed my pole on the ground and my bobber all the way up FISH ON! i slide down the hill and set the hook. Landed a nice 3 and a half pounder! fished for a little more and called it a day. Sat in traffic for while on the way back to Cen Cal. Ill post pic later. Fish caught on Nightcrawler and PB combo
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/stong001/IMG_27712.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/stong001/IMG_27722.jpg

studlyfisherman
12-01-2008, 10:53 PM
solid fish outta the stream downtown!

Badfish2
12-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I got to fish that lake last year, but it wasn't trout season. I didn't catch anything neither did anyone else, I fished the part where the swim beach is and the cliffs section along the right side of the lake. Clear water there though.. I need to hit that spot again once they've stocked it up

troutdog
12-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Nice trout you got there! You fish Lafayette Res or hear any reports recently? I might be up in that area next month....thanks and once again congrats on the nice fish.

TD

troutslayer05
12-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Studley if only.....and you said trout fishing was G...A...Y........Def not haha, Ya badfish i was fishing against the cliff near the fence line. Troutdog...no i havnt heard of any reports coming out of that lake but that one is pretty close to my house in Danville. Ive never fished it tho.. Heard good things.

Badfish2
12-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Is that fenceline on the left side of the lake or right side if you're coming from the parking lot? I'm going to hit that spot up this Feb and see what goes down with the rainbows. TROUT FISHING IS NOT GAY:Angry:

troutdog
12-03-2008, 01:25 AM
If you head over to Lafayette you can expect to see some wildlife, maybe a deer or two and fish the lake that has produced the largest bay area LMB to date (last I heard anyways), but the trout fishing can be epic at times too. I would suggest fishing on the left side of the dam as you are walking from the parking lot....there is a small floating dock that gives you access to some deep water and I have had some of my most memorable catches fishing that spot. Pink and yellow pb was 2nd to none up there for some reason. Good luck!

TD

troutslayer05
12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks TD. Ya im moving back up to the bayaarea later this month so ill def be going to Lafayette and tryin that spot out thanks. Oh Badfish..PM sent

sesgia
01-12-2009, 09:54 PM
nice one i haven't fish that lake for a while. good place for trout and bass