PDA

View Full Version : Where's PVR?

billy b
12-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Driving back from the game yesterday, I turned East (right) off 395 at the very base of Sherwin Grade and found all kinds of turnoffs to different parts of the "Gorge" ...
"Upper" ... "lower" ... "main" etc. But couldn't tell which one to take. I wondered if I turned off to soon. I recall seeing a 3x4 sign (perhaps in red) as I've traveled up the hill. This time I didn't see it. Just a small wood sign. Did I turn off to soon?

Saw several cars parked at more than one location - but there was a yellow gate closing off the road. People were hiking down I guess. I recall, in my younger days that there was a big power plant that you could fish at, etc. Was that road (which one do I take?) that was gated off?

Nessie Hunter
12-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I dont know the area well enough to give you good directions...

But here is an interactive map, maybe you can tell where you were and where to go from there????

http://tinyurl.com/6qb4ox

BishopTrouter
12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I think you turned off at the right location... if you want to fish the upper portion of the reservoir that is (where the owens flows in). after you turn right off 395 you follow that road up to the T-intersection where you make another right, to the lower plant i believe. You have to park here and either bike or walk down the gated-off pavement to the actual lake.

If you want to fish the dam area you should turn off at Pleasant Valley Dam road (a few miles south of the turn off you took) which will take you to the lower part of the lake, yet again its gated off and you must park and either bike or hike up the pavement to access the lake.

Hope this helps...

billy b
12-01-2008, 05:50 PM
is it from each entrance?

Thanks you guys for all your efforts

billy b

Badfish2
12-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Google map it, you'll see the entrances and roads on the north side and south side of the lake. North side has the power house, south side is the dam.

Joshua
12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
To fish the section that is refered to as PVR, you are better off coming in from the Dam side. You can fish within a few 100 yards of the gates/ If you come in from the power plant (Gorge Rd) you will have about 1 mile until you reach flat water,

Badfish2
12-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I agree, the north side of PVR is awful unless they just planted alpers there.. then it's worth a shot. Otherwise, most of the fish are hanging out at the Dam