PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be back on land!

victor101
04-15-2007, 03:14 PM
for the past month ive been trying to go out on the new del mar, but something always comes up at the last moment. anyway, today i thought for sure i was going to make it at the landing by 7:30. Wrong! got there at 7:35 and the boat was gone. so i waited for the Betty-O which i had never been on. Boat arrives and captain Mike warns us about the rough seas. well i didnt expect them to be this bad. i would say 10' swells or so. i had to keep a hand on my pole and a hand on the rail to keep from falling. well after about a half hour of managing between holding on to the rail and feeling for bites, i start feeling see sick. i spent the next couple hours or so sitting in the galley. i decide to come back up and i catch 1 red snapper and 2 starry rockfish. after that i feel sick again so back to the galley i go. at this point about half the boat is sick so the captain called it a day. it was a very smooth ride back. it was as if the boat was riding the waves back to shore. made it back at 1:00 and we all got half fare for next time.

JapanRon
04-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi Victor101,

Terrible trip ...... great skipper and straight-shooter making good on the half-fare for the next trip. Betty-O ...... skippered by Mike! gotta remember that! Good boats/skippers and crews deserve a good word!

Thanks,

JapanRon

victor101
04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
oh yeah, great skipper and great crew :thumb:. bad condidtions

sansou
04-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Sounds like it was a rough one....

Very cool of the skipper to give ya'll 1/2 price next trip despite the fact it was a weather issue and not a boat issue.

....but those are the trips that I absolutely look for. No joke. Nothing better than when 1/2 the boat is puking cause it frees up room for the rest of us! Every year I do an albacore trip with a bunch of Arizona building contractors who believe it necessary to get blitzed the night the boat is leaving: the next day 1/2 of them are puking ---> beautiful!!

Better luck to you next time!

Greg Madrigal
04-15-2007, 11:15 PM
LOL!!! I'm w/u Sansou! The mo the Merrier!!!LOL!!!!

GM<

POSTAL
04-16-2007, 12:59 AM
It was big out there today !!I drove out the inlet and headed right back in haha little to much for my 13 ft &#46;At least is was half for next time and you still caught fish