PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Day Trip--11/29

MarkyMark
11-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Took my son & son-in law to Bishop for a quick day 'guy trip'. Gassed the vehicle & made the 3 hour drive on the 395. The wind was blowing in Independence and Lone Pine we thought about turning around.

We arrived in Bishop (weather was nice) at 1pm got 1 box of small nightcrawlers at Culvers and headed to down E. Line St. WE found a spot & fished the river til dark. It wasn't WFO but steady on nightcrawlers/salmon egg combo or nightcrawlers. We ran out of nightcrawlers towards the end of the day. All fish were rainbows with good color including 2 fatties.

No pixs just wanted to share something with you all

MM

lizzay
11-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Took my son & son-in law to Bishop for a quick day 'guy trip'. Gassed the vehicle & made the 3 hour drive on the 395. The wind was blowing in Independence and Lone Pine we thought about turning around.

We arrived in Bishop (weather was nice) at 1pm got 1 box of small nightcrawlers at Culvers and headed to down E. Line St. WE found a spot & fished the river til dark. It wasn't WFO but steady on nightcrawlers/salmon egg combo or nightcrawlers. We ran out of nightcrawlers towards the end of the day. All fish were rainbows with good color including 2 fatties.

No pixs just wanted to share something with you all

MM

Good job on the bows, it's always great to just get out.

Badfish2
11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
I used to do those IE: to Bishop day trips all the time. It's not that bad really, but you have to be up there pretty much as the sun is rising to really get in a whole day. I've been able to catch limits at 6 spots in 1 day up there one time.. Sabrina, North lake, Intake 2, Bishop Creek, Owens, Convict lake. Good fishing makes the trips worth it for me anyway.