PDA

View Full Version : newport wedge jetty

Lightline
11-27-2008, 05:32 PM
I have a general question.

I read the regs and was wondering about Newport Jetty Wedge.

I have a license but it was to my understanding after reading the regs that Newport wedge does not require a fishing license because the boats come in and out of the harbor.

But some Cop there was asking people if they had a fishing license. Including mine and I told him what I said above and he said no and what do you care you have a license.

I think the fat fook was just taking a donut break because after he asked a few people the fat fook just stood there looking at the surfers.

Am I right or wrong?

You do not a fishing license to fish on newport jetty wedge right:???:

Fish Dog
11-27-2008, 10:12 PM
No license needed on ocean front piers or harbor mouth jetties. Now, that being said, that means you have to be on the jetty and that means you need to be out on the part of the jetty that has water on both sides. The rocks that have harbor on one side and beach on the other (like where those trees are on the beach just before you get to the actual jetty) are technically not jetty but rip-rap to prevent erosion as the boats sail by. If you were on the actual jetty he was wrong, if you were on the rip-rap rocks with the beach on one side he was right.

Hate2Fish
12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
I didn't know that

Thanks