PDA

View Full Version : Winter fishing in Oklahoma

KID-FISH
11-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Will be visiting family in OK for the holidays and would like to do a little fishing. I've been there before in the winter but never had the chance... looking to make some time this round though. Probably hitting Lake Eufala with the father in-law for some crappie. This will be a new experience for me and I am doing extensive research on the lake and winter fishing strategies. If anyone has fished in OK, has some insight and doesn't mind sharing a few pointers, i would appreciate it.
I get most my info from the locals but just wanted to see if any members had any experiences.

Thanks in advance and good fishing.

The Kid

chivo
11-26-2008, 04:21 PM
crappies are off and on bitting in the winter in Oklahoma. ask the local bait shops they will tell you what's up with the lake your fishin. Iv'e fished oklahoma lakes and iv'e never been dissapointed, but you need to ask the locals on the bite and how and what there bitting on.Your best bet may be minnows or it maybe slowly jigging crappie jigs or grubs, i don't know. Ask a local shop and come prepared for any kind of presentation. good luck and send your report.

KID-FISH
12-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Chivo, I haven't been dissapointed there either, really good fishing in OK. I usually check with the local baitshops for tips on the bites, I'll be sure and check with them again. Thanks for the reply.

Good fishing.

KID-FISH

DarkShadow
12-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Goooo Sooooners!

KID-FISH
12-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Goooo Sooooners!

My in laws are Sooner fans and I everytime I go, it's sitting and watching the games, drinking beer, and talking about fishing...paradise?! :Confused:

sharrko
05-10-2009, 08:00 AM
wow, didn't know we have sooners fans here.
I used to live in oklahoma, up north Ponca city, and used to fish the kaw lake.
Winter can be hard for fishing in oklahoma, but anyway, now it's may.
Just wanted to say hi to an okie.

El Weirdo
05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
nice info..will be there in Tulsa end of may......will post my report