PDA

View Full Version : I've got crabs.

trlrtrsh67
11-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Went out Sunday with a friend from work and my brother on his boat for some fishin/hoopin. The fishing was pretty slow, short calico and a few micro sculps, so we should call the fishing part "making bait" as we ended up filling the tank with a bunch of macs. We ended up releasing the macs at the end of the night because I brought enough bonita for the hoops.

Soooo anyhow, we started the night at a spot that the lifegaurd boat crew suggested and lost 1 1/2 hours there for no bugs and 1 yellow rock crab,and about 2 dozen starfish. Then we headed to our spot from last trip and tried in the general area in varrious depths for 2 more yellow crabs and 0 bugs...not even shorts....0! Got the boat the trailer at 1am, dropped it off at storage, dropped off some gear, dropped of friend, in bed by 515am, at work at 7am!! All for 3 crabs! Sucked but it was still fishing.

Wondering if the glassy smooth water out there was a factor for the no action had report...sure made the time on the boat relaxing but damn it sucked!

O well, hoop trip #2 in the books and at least I can now say "I got crabs" and be happy about it! Later

DEADROOTS
11-26-2008, 04:29 PM
"I got crabs"
You should see a doctor for that.

Lightline
11-26-2008, 04:45 PM
At least your getting some, some guys cant get any crabs even if they try to. :LOL:

LateFisher
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
All you need is a razor, ice pick, and a match. That should take care of your crabs !!!!!!!!!

FISHSTIX
12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
some are better than none bro, i need to out there trying my luck for bugs and crabs...thanks for the report!

trlrtrsh67
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Good luck to ya! I'm land-locked till January.

Those crabs came out pretty good...sweet,flakey meat. Was a lot of work getting the meat out but well worth it.