PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Day 2

deanhall32
11-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Started this morning out fishing the Lower Owens River south of Warm Springs Road. Found some beautiful spots and my buddy and I caught some fish. All fish caught were rainbows and all were chunky in girth. Left the Owens River about noon and headed up to Sabrina and found not a soul around. We checked it out and then went to North Lake and took a hairy road getting there. After scoping those out we headed back to the Gorge of the Owens and caught more fish. Here is a picture of a rainbow from the gorge.

deanhall32
11-24-2008, 05:57 PM
A picture of my buddy's caught on a roostertail.....

Liteliner
11-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Nice job dean. You guys should try south lake. Love that lake. Thanks for the report.

Badfish2
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
There you go man, I knew you'd find some good spots. :Big Grin:

sierraslam
11-25-2008, 06:48 AM
South Lake, North Lake, Closed for fishing on November 15th, right? I like to fish PVR for some meat, and then switch to barbless for the Browns in the Owens. Bishop is great this time of year, it's just too hot to fish there in the Summer.

deanhall32
11-25-2008, 02:45 PM
South Lake, North Lake, Closed for fishing on November 15th, right? I like to fish PVR for some meat, and then switch to barbless for the Browns in the Owens. Bishop is great this time of year, it's just too hot to fish there in the Summer.

Yes! It was a great trip!! There was NOBODY in town and all the hotel's parking lots were empty. Weather was perfect- highs about 65 during the day and 21 this morning. We only hit one spot that had another angler taking that pool. Otherwise the Lower Owens River was wide open. The weather is changing and this could have been one of the last nice weeks according to the locals. Everyone in Bishop went out of their way to make us feel welcome and we were!! Can't wait to go again.

Ricky-Ray
11-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Sounds like it was a fun trip.

So where's the food pics????

ghetto dad
11-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Great job coach!!!!!

GD

GET DA NET
11-26-2008, 09:55 PM
My fishing buddy Primo55 and i just got back from bishop about 3 hours ago. the owens river was a bit slow for us but we hit our limits at PVL Dam rite above the catch and release area is located. here's a few pics

ghetto dad
11-27-2008, 06:14 AM
my fishing buddy primo55 and i just got back from bishop about 3 hours ago. The owens river was a bit slow for us but we hit our limits at pvl dam rite above the catch and release area is located. Here's a few pics

thread jack!!! :rofl:

Gd

Badfish2
11-27-2008, 07:20 PM
thread jack!!! :rofl:

Gd

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/RTBrooke/hijack.gif

deanhall32
11-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey Badfish,

We came across one of those springs just off Line St. and it appeared to have a few carp and what looked like a few bass in them. What's the story behind that??

WAVEMHOME
12-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey Badfish,

We came across one of those springs just off Line St. and it appeared to have a few carp and what looked like a few bass in them. What's the story behind that??

That's "The Beach" as we call it. My wife's cousin has put a carp in there before... I haven't noticed any bass though. We drove into that spot one time late afternoon / early evening and there was probably 12-15 people (locals) bbqing and using it as a swimming pool.

deanhall32
12-11-2008, 10:54 AM
That's "The Beach" as we call it. My wife's cousin has put a carp in there before... I haven't noticed any bass though. We drove into that spot one time late afternoon / early evening and there was probably 12-15 people (locals) bbqing and using it as a swimming pool.

Yahoo--- Thanks for answering!!! It looks like a great place to swim. I stuck my hand in it and it felt luke-warm. I might just jump in when I go up there sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Troutman65
12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Nice going on the trout guys. Did you eat at Jacks ? Best breakfast in Bishop. Thanks for the report.