PDA

View Full Version : Parchers- Alpers

Old Dude
06-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Smitty, any alpers biting yet? How about a report on water conditions and a fish report. Any browns in south? I know there used to be, but are there any reports of big fish? I know wrong place to post, just want Smitty to see it. Have they stocked more alpers? Any info would be appreciated.

Sierra_Smitty
06-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Smitty, any alpers biting yet? How about a report on water conditions and a fish report. Any browns in south? I know there used to be, but are there any reports of big fish? I know wrong place to post, just want Smitty to see it. Have they stocked more alpers? Any info would be appreciated.

The Alpers are still playing hard to get...been about a week or so now. We've gotten a few out but not as many as we should have since the big plant a little over a week ago. My cousin has hooked and farmed two this week, both on powerworms, but he couldn't get 'em to the boat.

The only browns that have been caught so far are the smaller models...11-13" or so. The bigguns are there but they're very hard to catch unless you have a lot of patience and/or experience. I saw one of them last August that was so big that I almost dropped my rod in the water.....I would guess 15-19lbs, damn submarine I tell ya. My brother and my uncle also spotted fish that big throughout the season but nobody was able to nail one, I'm hoping this year will be different.

Sabrina is about the same as South right now....plenty of big fish but folks are having a hard time getting them to the net. Most of the big fish have been coming out of the creek, both forks.

The water at South Lake has come up a ton in the past few weeks...it's coming up about 1 foot a day. The water still isn't to the ramp and likely won't be this season but ya never know, there might just be more snow back there than the surveys indicated....who knows.

Old Dude
06-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the 411, the biggest brown I got was 1 1/2 #. I swear to God it jumped higher than my head when I hooked it and I thought it was a monster. I've seen the big ones at south also, been awhile ,but what a awesome place. I remember the old rainbow pattern rapalas were the hot crank, now my bro in law says there's a new rapala copy at wallmart. like 2 bucks apiece, I forget the name,he got a few, they look nice. Don't know if they work,I'll stick to what got me here, the old floating rapala. Thanks again.