PDA

View Full Version : Marina Del rey w/Bucketbay and Breeze71 sat 11-22

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Hit the salt with Dwayne and Hiro Saturday morning.

Marina Del Rey was our early target as the high tide cycles have been screwy lately, we launched about 3:15am or so.

The action was pretty slow as we neared high tide which was at 5:50am.

About an hour into our fishing foray, after each of us had a few short strikes….

MY Gulp alive minnow gets struck……I think !!!!

I believe I got struck….AND I struck back !!!……BUT…

What is this….whats going on ?? Dwayne are I have our lines fould…tangled pretty good too…but I say…..I got a fish !!!!….Hiro tries to untangle it !....it’s pretty mussed up and twisted……I get a little panicked “I’m telling ya, I got a fish !” I state, I check the slack and the fish is pretty dosile, kinda just cruising the bottom..not really running…not like you would think…

“let me try !” as I grabbed the lines up and cutt the other line, it was confusing as to who’s line was who but this was my “skunkshaking fish !” no farming this sucka !

The battle resumed !......as I returned to the action, I realize “this is a nice fish"…..could be a keepa !.........”feels weighty !”……."It is a keepa" I state as I battle it and it starts peeling drag !.....to the boat……ANOTHER drag peeling run….Oh Yeah…..! this is the action I like….To the net…..Yeah buddy….

My skunk shaka hits the deck….!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinaw-bucketbay-HALIBUT11-22-08.jpg

A little while goes by and Hiro nails a another halibut, unfortunately this one was short.
We didn’t photograph it.

After a few more short bites, this bite was broken we needed to fix it so it was off to different regions to fix the bite and so everyone could be sure to catch fish….

We arrive to the other zones…..and the bite was off and on…we caught probably4-6 sandbass there between us and another 4 or so calicos..

Only kept a couple and only photographed a couple….of yeah I think I caught 2 sculpin there as well.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinaw-bucketbay-SANDBASS11-22-08.jpg

Dwayne landed a sculpin also.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinaw-bucketbay-DWAYNE-SCULPIN11-.jpg

The bite was still pretty slow and I still wanted to get more halibut action so I continued the search for them flats but they’ve been real illusive lately….
Within this time we all caught some barracuda, I think Dwayne got 3 Hiro 2 and I got at least 1….

SLIMESTICK…..SCOOTERS !....way short !

Finaly we decided to hit the calico zone and just make sure we secure some action for all of us….not the bite we were looking for…..

I said…”I thinkI might know where theyre hangin”

To the extreme inside if the finger of the jetty….Slammo !....Dwayne is on a quality fish……his next cast (or 2nd cast-whos counting !) Another Slam….a short
I think he even got another nice one there (right on brotha !)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinaw-bucketbay-DWAYNE-CALICO11-2.jpg

I said alright….I’m going to that zone….Slammo !....another quality fish !…

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinaw-bucketbay-CALICOBASS11-22-0.jpg

We were gonna try 1 more flattie spot but time had dwindled and Hiro had to leave..

So back we went….Hiro trolled on as we did..

3 more Scooter Barracuda hit the deck…he was on a roll….

And so our day ended, we all caught many fish and had many a laugh on the water…
All fish were caught using the gulp alive minnow except for the 3 last trolled fish.
All fish were not photographed..

Oh yeah…..and if that Kyaker that went between us and the jetty and popped off reads this:

I did mean what I told you…..”YOU WILL GET A JIG IN THE HEAD IF YOU COME BACK THROUGH THERE AGAIN LIKE THAT !”

I kindly told ‘em we were fishing there and he popped off and said:
“Soooo….it’s a big ocean !”

Lucky he heeded my warning cause 2nd time would not have been a charm for him …..1/4 oz Gamagakstu hooks would leave a mark and spoil his day I would think !....I would have allowed him to even keep the jig as a momento of his day !

cappo
11-24-2008, 11:25 AM
That fish that Dwayne has is a Cabazon not a sculpin.

As for launchin jigs at others, the sherrifs are there all the time. Good luck with that.

kpn
11-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Gary, Dwayne & Hiro,
Great job as always. Sorry I couldn't make it out there with you guys. I was suppose to fish the duct, but the plan fell through.....Oh well next time.

KPN.

City Dad
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
know what's kind of fun? take and copy all the text from any GLSG thread, paste it into Word and then do a search and replace substituting all terms referring to fish with the word(s) "hitch-hiker(s)" :Shocked::ROFL:.

Wingnut
11-24-2008, 12:13 PM
I like the colors on those Cabbies when they first come out of the water.
Nice Butt... I mean the fish that is. :LOL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
know what's kind of fun? take and copy all the text from any GLSG thread, paste it into Word and then do a search and replace substituting all terms referring to fish with the word(s) "hitch-hiker(s)" :Shocked::ROFL:.

Within this time we all caught some hitch hikers, I think Dwayne got 3 Hiro 2 and I got at least 1….

hitch…..hikers…hitch hikers !....way short !

Finally we decided to hit the hitch-hiker zone and just make sure we secure some action for all of us….not the bite we were looking for…..

I said…”I thinkI might know where the hitch hikers are hangin”

To the extreme inside if the finger of the jetty….Slammo !....Dwayne is on a quality hitch-hiker……his next cast (or 2nd cast-whos counting !) Another Slam….a short
I think he even got another nice one there (right on brotha !)

I said alright….I’m going to that zone….Slammo !....another quality hitch-hiker !…

We were gonna try 1 more hitch hiker spot but time had dwindled and Hiro had to leave..

So back we went….Hiro trolled on as we did..

3 more hitch-hikers hit the deck…he was on a roll….

And so our day ended, we all caught many hitch hiker’s and had many a laugh on the water…
All hitch-hikers were caught using the gulp alive minnow except for the 3 last trolled hitch hikers.
All hitch-hikers were not photographed..

I like the colors on those Cabbies when they first come out of the water.
Nice Butt... I mean the fish that is. :LOL:
I'm real glad you made that clarification Arthur !....ha ha...ha

City Dad
11-24-2008, 12:27 PM
II said alright….I’m going to that zone….Slammo !....another quality hitch-hiker !…

We were gonna try 1 more hitch hiker spot but time had dwindled and Hiro had to leave..

I guess it's funnier when it's a striper report... more blood.

Bucket bay
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
It was a pleasure having you guys on board that was a lot of fun hooking into all those bass it wasn’t WFO but we made the best of it, got to get back out there before they shut down for winter cold water, sorry you couldn’t make it kpn maybe next time.

Good times good people.
BB

TroutOnly
11-29-2008, 09:02 AM
AFTER OUR LITTLE FUN ON FRIDAY I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO TEAR UP THE SALT AGAIN,IM GETTING TROLLY TO GO THERE WITH ME ON HIS BOAT,SO WE CAN JOIN THE GULP CLUB,,,LOL,,,NICE FLATTIE,,,t/o

wetbait
11-29-2008, 12:26 PM
nice outing....great short fishee with photo as proof.....thanks

BIGRED KILLA
11-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the pics and report nice variety of fish.I have a q do you guys see any worms in the meat from the hali i kept a couple when i was fishing near there and there were tons of them in the meat.

Bigred

crappiemike
11-29-2008, 09:36 PM
nice catch you guys! some good eating..

cm

CrabMan
11-29-2008, 10:34 PM
You guys had a great day on the water! Thanks for the report and pics.:Big Grin:

I know what you mean about clue-less people out there. My favorite is when I'm anchored twenty feet from the rocks and some guy in a 40' boat goes between me and the shore--right over my lines--and waves!:EyePop: