PDA

View Full Version : Biishop- Day 1

deanhall32
11-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Arrived here at Bishop yesterday. Checked into a cheap motel for $60 a night and had a beer at Rusty's and dinner at La Casitas. Checked out Culvers(??) Sporting Good across the street. The guy there told us the fishing "sucks" because of no stocking due to some political s**t. Oh well. We fish the Lower Owens for about an hour for nada. Decide to go off-roading instead and climb this mountain overlooking the Owens Valley. Here's a few pictures. We'll be here another few days so I will try to update.

deanhall32
11-23-2008, 09:42 PM
and.... down the dirt road

deanhall32
11-23-2008, 09:45 PM
More serious fishing tomorrow

Badfish2
11-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Those guys that told you the fishing sucks because of the DFG deal are ignorant.. you do realize that those waters are absolutely FILLED with trout right now. Most of the sierra waters were hit with major plants by the DFG a week before the seasoned closed (1 week ago) I was just at the owens a week ago and it was WFO on browns. And I was only fishing 1 small stretch. If you have that truck, I'm sure you can find a quiet spot with nice pools. Just fish lures upstream and make sure they are small spinners with gold blades. You'll get hit. Drifting night crawlers through deeper pools with no weight will also land you a fish or 2

troutslayer05
11-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Ya there are def fish there to be caught. The gorge is another great spot to try for browns. That pic of the rope swing brings me back..I used to swing on that thing into the owens every summer. Good luck with the fishin.

deanhall32
11-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Those guys that told you the fishing sucks because of the DFG deal are ignorant.. you do realize that those waters are absolutely FILLED with trout right now. Most of the sierra waters were hit with major plants by the DFG a week before the seasoned closed (1 week ago) I was just at the owens a week ago and it was WFO on browns. And I was only fishing 1 small stretch. If you have that truck, I'm sure you can find a quiet spot with nice pools. Just fish lures upstream and make sure they are small spinners with gold blades. You'll get hit. Drifting night crawlers through deeper pools with no weight will also land you a fish or 2

BF,

When you say fish upstream do you mean cast upstream or physically go upstream and cast down??

one_leg
11-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey Coach, fish the Owens.

P.S. Did you and Lauri swing into the river from that rope on the tree? If not, why not?

TakenbyDeanHall32
11-24-2008, 04:13 PM
:ROFL:
Well if I was there perhaps I would have suggested that we take a swing on that rope, but since I have a normal job....I guess that is not an option.

Where are the picks of the cattle that were supposed to be taking drinks next to the river?!!

TakenbyDeanHall32
11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
:lol: Hi alan!!!!

ghetto dad
11-25-2008, 03:59 PM
when did you trade in your hyundai for that NICE truck dean??? :ROFL:

nice coach

GD

Troutman65
12-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the report .:Wink: