PDA

View Full Version : Mission Bay San Diego help

JL
11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Will be on Mission Bay with my boat for 5 days in December. Never fished Mission Bay or San Diego Bay. Looking for some help where to fish on either bay or outside the harbor. Thanks in advance

surfnfish
11-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Never fished Mission Bay, I wish i had though because I've heard it's awesome. For sure you should definately hit up San Diego Bay seeing as it has remained on fire even with the weather starting to cool. In either bay probablly your best bet will be to fish small gubs and swimbaits along visible structures and especially through eel grass beds. I love goin weedless in the grass because the spotties hunker down tight and a weedless bait gets right in there faces. You'll probally also catch some flatties too as this is one of there favorite hangouts. Be sure to use light line, maximum of 8lb test NO MORE unless its floro, you'll get bit a lot using light line, but you will miss fish and break some off, thats just part of the game. Hope this has helped. I'll be posting a report after i hit up S.D. this weekend hopefully its as good as it has been.

Good Luck
Surfnfish