PDA

View Full Version : fishing near monterey

YAHOO!
11-19-2008, 04:34 PM
does anybody know if there is any lakes that are stocked with trout in the Monterey area? im going up there this weekend and would like to get some fishing in while there.

any responses would be appreciated

PUDD MASTER BAITER
11-20-2008, 08:10 AM
If your going to be, by the coast,it might be better, to go hit the surf for those giant barred perch ,that live up there .there starting to spawn. All you need is a trout rod, with 6lb line ,carolina rigged with a 24" leader ,3/8 oz or 1/2 oz. Sliding sinker,and #6 mosqito hook.buy some gulp camo worms, an what ever bait, they have up there.the fish stay right in the foam. Dont cast out to far. Youll enjoy that alot better than trout. Those big perch average 2lbs to 3 lbs.just an idea. Good luck.... Mike the pmb.....

troutslayer05
11-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Salmon creek is on the monterey san luis obsipo county line has a lot of nice natives in it. Just make sure ur careful with them. dont know of any lakes tho.

dockboy
11-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Hit up the perch. Im at UCSC, and they are big here.With no real transportation, Ive mostly been hitting up the beaches for perch and maybe halis. Perch grubs and gulp sand worms work great. The weather has been very nice

Loye
11-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Yea monterey is fishing hell,unless you have a boat or like to batttle enromous swells and rocks for mixed results. I would try maybe some local piers if your into the pier rat deal.

troutslayer05
11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
I drive through montery when i drive back home from school and there is a RV camp ground that has a big sign that says TROUT FISHING visible from the 101. Any one know what that is about?

spartafish
11-24-2008, 07:35 PM
i think i know what youre talking about. its not in monterey, especially considering its off the 101. but it hink its close to the turn off to go to monterey. i think its near holister or gilroy. somwhere in there. i know what youre talking about though. its on the right side if youre driving north. looks like a standard pay lake