PDA

View Full Version : Quick stop at NPH

candyman
11-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Well I stopped by the balboa fun zone dock to test out my new DS setup (stradic2500/crucial6'8"). This started off really slow with bites here and there but no hook up. About 30 mins or so later I found a pretty decent set of spotties near the catalina flyer. I landed a few spotties but none were past the 10" mark. Usually I would catch some big ones there, but this is my first time usind DS and I was determined to stick to it. My girlfriend finished her paper so it was time to leave. Sorry no pictures, I didn't think the fish were worthy. Overall about 6 small spotties, but the weather is great outside with a light breeze. I should of went to the surf....

ghetto dad
11-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Well I stopped by the balboa fun zone dock to test out my new DS setup (stradic2500/crucial6'8"). This started off really slow with bites here and there but no hook up. About 30 mins or so later I found a pretty decent set of spotties near the catalina flyer. I landed a few spotties but none were past the 10" mark. Usually I would catch some big ones there, but this is my first time usind DS and I was determined to stick to it. My girlfriend finished her paper so it was time to leave. Sorry no pictures, I didn't think the fish were worthy. Overall about 6 small spotties, but the weather is great outside with a light breeze. I should of went to the surf....

LOL!!! that sucks..your GF finished her paper and you had to leave....thanks for the report man...i too, am new at DS...its fun.....takes A LOT of patience tho, which i am learning to have.....thanks again

GD

one_leg
11-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Glad you got some of the Spreckled Harbor Fish there before you had to leave.

Did you get any corndogs or an Orange Julius?

troutdog
11-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Good job Candyman, way to go on the spotties!

TD

candyman
11-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Glad you got some of the Spreckled Harbor Fish there before you had to leave.

Did you get any corndogs or an Orange Julius?

I had no idea they had orange julius there. That would make fishing even better, the only place I usually get some at is Main Place Mall. Thanks for the heads up next time I will get some.