PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing Creek near Parchers Resort

sky
11-18-2008, 11:57 AM
info outdated :Confused:

tacklejunkie
11-18-2008, 12:04 PM
I tried the creek directly across from Parchers for a few minutes but didn't catch anything. Looked fishy though. That pond below South Lake looked good too, and I caught a brownie about half way up Bishop Creek to South Lake below the first couple of campgrounds on some dirt road..

Bring waders! :Wink:

Crawler
11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
There is only one! South fork Bishop creek.

There is not alot of "fly castable" areas on south fork bishop creek with the exception of wiers pond. (the wide spot in the stream with 4 parking spots directly in front of it.) But that entire creek is loaded with fish.

sky
11-20-2008, 12:38 PM
delete info outdated

Sierra_Smitty
11-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Does any one know if there are good rivers creeks to fly fish within walking distance of Parchers Resort by south lake?

If you start at Parchers and walk down the old road you'll end up in Williow Campground - the creek really slows down there and although there are quite a few willows to contend with, it's a great place for fly fishing if you have waders. There is also a beaver pond and some exceptional holes on the other side of the road from Willow Campground. If you bring chest waders you gain access to TONS of areas that aren't visible from the road and are loaded with fish...both wild and stocked.

If you start up the road from Parchers there are some good spots, especially for brownies. All of this fishing requires some effort on your part(hiking) and the right gear(waders) to get the best spots but there are plenty of great places.

Other places that are a little bit out of what is considered "walking distance"; The meadow on the west side of the road with all the polished river stones, table mountain campground(especially for wild fish), and the stretch across from Bishop Creek Lodge.

This of course doesn't include all of the additional water there is on the middle fork of the creek or any of the back country water.

If you're up there next season, stop by Parchers and say hello!

Smitty
GM Parchers Resort
GM South Lake Boat Landing

Sierra_Smitty
11-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks Crawler...
When is a good time of year to go?

sky

Fishing is great from the beginning of the season at the end of April through October. The canyon is closed November 15th through the last Friday in April each season.

My favorite time of year for fishing is May & early June and then September & October because there are less people to contend with.

sky
11-23-2008, 12:59 AM
delete info outdated

seal
11-23-2008, 07:24 AM
I tried the creek directly across from Parchers for a few minutes but didn't catch anything. Looked fishy though. That pond below South Lake looked good too, and I caught a brownie about half way up Bishop Creek to South Lake below the first couple of campgrounds on some dirt road..

Bring waders! :Wink:

The pond I think tacklejunkie is referring to is the Weir pond. Excellent fly fishing for everything from Brookies, browns and lot's of Alpers.