PDA

View Full Version : Giant Squid WFO/ Long Beach Enterprise 6/1

SOSO
06-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Last week, i was just in awe reading the reports on GIANT SQUID. So this past friday, it was time for me to join in on the fun. Got the green light from the wifie. Called up the crew to see who can go. No one could make it in time after work. Oh man, wish they could of been there!!

I rushed over from L.A. with heavy traffic all the way barely making it to Pierpoint landing to hop on the Southern Cal for twilight fishing. Soon as get to the front desk, the woker tells me that the boat has been canceled due to engine problems! I was looking for a camera man and Ashton Krucher to see if i was getting Punked. I was about to fall into tears, when the manager tells me that Long Beach Marina's Enterprise is running a twilight! What a emotional rollercoaster. They gave me directions and told me that i have to leave now to make the boat. Barely made it in time to hop on the Enterprise and off we went!!

We took off straight to the Giant Squid Grounds. When we got to the destination, the fishing was a little slow at first. Then all of a sudden, hell broke lose and the Giant squids attacked!! EVERYWHERE! It was stupid WFO. 10 feet deep, thats it. Eveyone yelling out in pain trying to reel them in. You would hear lines snapping and lines pealing out eveywhere.
A sight to see, Giant Squids attacking the Sea Lions.

After it was all over, limits for everyone, disabled backs, arm ligaments torn and sooooo much fun!

Calstar GFGR 800M/AVET MXL low speed/ 40 LBS ANDE MONO LINE

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/nanogallon/giantsquid.jpg

ahhvtec
06-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Man what an entertaining report! Way to slay the squirters.

Duc

lxlcantar
06-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Man what an entertaining report! Way to slay the squirters.

Duc

Ditto on the entertaining report, looks and sounds like you had a blast!

xahx
06-05-2007, 01:10 PM
are these squid grounds the NPB squid grounds? or are there more in the LB area?

ghetto dad
06-05-2007, 01:17 PM
GREAT JOB MAN!!

BakoBassin
06-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Do you guys typically take a change of clothes to get into before you get in your cars? What a stinky mess that must be.

SOSO
06-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Do you guys typically take a change of clothes to get into before you get in your cars? What a stinky mess that must be.

You sound like me wife. LOL..J/k. Yeah, you will get drenched with ink and goo. Alot of guys had on nylon windbreakers or ponchos. Bringing extra clothes would be good also.

shy_boxer
06-09-2007, 01:45 AM
LMAO great joke D. Glad you had a blast! Call a homie up when you making some great fresh caught food!

SOSO
06-09-2007, 02:13 AM
LMAO great joke D. Glad you had a blast! Call a homie up when you making some great fresh caught food!

Fo sho! Congrats again on your newborn!!!