PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire 3/4 day 11-15-08

trlrtrsh67
11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Made the 95 mile drive to Redondo today and caught some taco stuffing! Got worried after the drive when I only saw a few guys standing in line! Didn't matter none, they ran the boat with only EIGHT passengers on board!!!!!!!! Plenty of elbow room!

Smokey day with ash-snow off and on all day from the fire. No pics...so basic description...dropper loop w/squid for 4 sculpin, 1 sandy, 2 rockfish and 8,367 micro rockfish that the birds loved. Never been on such an uncrowded boat before...it made for one hell of a relaxing day!

THANK YOU TO THE OWNER AND CREW OF THE SPITFIRE FOR RUNNING WITH SUCH A LIGHT LOAD!!!

Anyhow, the tacos have been eaten and I'm tired...next time I'll try to call a trip sooner.

G.D.------I told them to call u about the grumpies and they said Steve-who? LMFAO...you missed a decent trip...next time! Rich

ghetto dad
11-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Made the 95 mile drive to Redondo today and caught some taco stuffing! Got worried after the drive when I only saw a few guys standing in line! Didn't matter none, they ran the boat with only EIGHT passengers on board!!!!!!!! Plenty of elbow room!

Smokey day with ash-snow off and on all day from the fire. No pics...so basic description...dropper loop w/squid for 4 sculpin, 1 sandy, 2 rockfish and 8,367 micro rockfish that the birds loved. Never been on such an uncrowded boat before...it made for one hell of a relaxing day!

THANK YOU TO THE OWNER AND CREW OF THE SPITFIRE FOR RUNNING WITH SUCH A LIGHT LOAD!!!

Anyhow, the tacos have been eaten and I'm tired...next time I'll try to call a trip sooner.

G.D.------I told them to call u about the grumpies and they said Steve-who? LMFAO...you missed a decent trip...next time! Rich

lol....sure...thanks man....great report dude...i am just going to wait till they start bass fishing....i can sculpin fish down here.....

GD

JapanRon
11-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi trlrstrsh67,

Between $40~$50 bucks for the land RT only ....... I'm glad they went too !! For their sakes !! ha ha ha

Great little report .... appreciate hearing of the Spits trips,

Thank you,

JapanRon

supasportkid
11-17-2008, 09:18 PM
good job on the tacos. thanks for the report

trlrtrsh67
11-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks guys. If the plan sticks together, I'm gonna go out there again this Sunday on my brothers boat with him and a guy from work and drag the bottom again for some of those monster sculpin (lmao) and follow that up with an evening of hooping. Will post the results and I'll try to take some pics this time! Later.

Lightline
11-18-2008, 10:25 PM
95 miles!!!

San Diego fishing is better.

one_leg
11-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys. If the plan sticks together, I'm gonna go out there again this Sunday on my brothers boat with him and a guy from work and drag the bottom again for some of those monster sculpin (lmao) and follow that up with an evening of hooping. Will post the results and I'll try to take some pics this time! Later.

Good luck TrlrTrsh. Don't feed the animals(birds).

trlrtrsh67
11-18-2008, 10:40 PM
95 miles!!!

San Diego fishing is better.

Yeah, but they charge more for the boat ride and I always seem to get lost down there!

One_leg----I won't if I can avoid it. Thats the one thing I hate about rockfishin...you can't send those little ones back to grow up! Just gotta move the boat. See ya.

k3vin_kim
11-19-2008, 06:39 PM
8 people?!?!

Good on ya rich for the fish killing.