PDA

View Full Version : Late, quick Oceanside report 11-14-08

newbefisher
11-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I was on vacation last week, staying at Welk Resort and figured I had to hit the surf at least once while I was there so I hit Oceanside Friday morning. First I got lost and then I had to find parking farther away as they were resurfacing the parking lot, so I didn't hit the until 6:30. I was hoping to get there by 5:45. I hit the surf by the jetty and slowly worked my way down to the harbor. I started out using Gulp! sandworms to avoid the skunk ( caught two BSP) here's a pic of the larger one:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/newbefisher/SSPX0110.jpg

On the way back down I started throwing krocs for a couple of missed bites. I was there for about 2.5 hours and then had to get back to the family. Some photographer took some pics of me casting while I was there. Might end up buying one from him. http://www.actionsurf.net/gallery/6554851_RUqQR#417074957_imDHP

All in all it was a nice day. Wish I would have prepared more, but can't do nothing about that now... What other fish are biting this time of year in the surf? I'm thinking about trying it again this coming weekend. Thanks.

FishNFurious
11-16-2008, 08:45 PM
That is a nice day, thanks for the report. :Big Grin:

tacklejunkie
11-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Glad to hear you back out there catching some fish man.
Dig the surf casting pics.

fishhard22
11-17-2008, 09:11 AM
At least you didnt get skunkd. Good job

newbefisher
11-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Glad to hear you back out there catching some fish man.
Dig the surf casting pics.

Yeah, it's been awhile. I'm hoping to do it again sooner than later.

one_leg
11-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Welk's resort huh? And a ONE, and a TWO, and a Three,.........

My folks loved his show, me not so much..............some good tunes, but way too much CORNBALL.

Glad to see a report from you w/o the PortaBote.

Thanks.

ghetto dad
11-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Nice...i see you have one those fancy belt rod holders too...lol..i need to get one, I guess....thats next on my list of 1,211 things i need to buy for surf fishing...thanks for the report

GD

sansou
11-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Haven't heard from you in ages Newbefisher!

I hope you ninja'd the pond up the road from the resort at least!! :LOL:

newbefisher
11-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Haven't heard from you in ages Newbefisher!

I hope you ninja'd the pond up the road from the resort at least!! :LOL:

I know, it's been hard for me to get some time away... I'm hoping to get some trouting in soon. Only ninja'd the catch and release pond they have (I was staying next to it) but didn't get anything. Didn't really bring the right stuff with me though. I will next time, I saw some large bass in there.

Troutman65
11-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Hey nice going in the surf. Were your feet cold?:Smile:

Thanks for the post

Wingnut
11-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Glad you found some time to get out in the surf. Thanks for the nice report. :Cool: :Big Grin:

newbefisher
11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Nice...i see you have one those fancy belt rod holders too...lol..i need to get one, I guess....thats next on my list of 1,211 things i need to buy for surf fishing...thanks for the report

GD

Yeah, I saw pics of Wingnut with the extra rod in it and thought he looked cool, so I had to get one. Didn't even touch my other rod. :LOL: But it works good to hold my lip gripper, I just need to catch a fish big enough to use it.

Hey nice going in the surf. Were your feet cold?

Thanks for the post

Actually, water felt a little warm or at least warmer than I thought it would be so it seemed warm to me.

Glad you found some time to get out in the surf. Thanks for the nice report.

Thanks, at my rate it will probably take me 10 years to come close to where you are right now. :Embarrassed: I'm hoping to get some action in on the weekend after Thanksgiving. Hopefully catch something other than a BSP.