PDA

View Full Version : Convict Lake 6/1/07- 6/3/07

Poseidon
06-03-2007, 06:41 PM
On Friday we got there at 6pm. We got to our cabin the Yosemite cabin, the biggest cabin at the area. At 6:30pm me and my dad went the the river right before bridge at the lake. We got our limit by 7pm on yellow and rainbot powerbait. My dad's friends caught 5 fish at the lake, one of them were a brown the rest were rainbows( caught on inflated crawlers ). Saturday at 5:30am my dad and I went to our same spot in the river right before the bridge, we got our limit by 7am. Then by my self I went to the river right across the cabin to catch and release. I put a inch of crawlers on the hook then I letted the water drift it. I caught and released 4 wild trout, and 3 rainbows. My dads friends got their limits at the lake, and each of them had a brown included in the. On Sunday my dad and I went to our spot before the bridge caught 8 before 8:30am one of them were pregant and had eggs( I threw away the eggs, did they have any use? ). The fish were caught on Rainbow, Sherbet, Orange, and Yellow powerbait. At 9:00am I went the the same place on the river across the cabin and caught 2 good size rainbows, on the same technique with the one inch crawler and got my limit. We left at 11:00am. Me and my dad caught 30 fish together.

Does any one got any tips for me next time I go?

Joshua
06-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Nice report, Glad you did well.
Do I have some pointers? Yes
First thing. Next time you are there, take the time to look at your dad and say "Thank you for taking me, I will remember this forever" Trust me, it will mean alot to him. You will learn later in life what this means. (I am not some old crusty dude waiting to die. But I am old enough to have lost my dad and have a child of my own. These are memories in the making. Take the time to enjoy where you are and who you are with) :oops:
Now for fishing:
Hike to the inlet and try over there. You can use drifter crawlers, power worms, or lures (thomas bouyants, kastmasters)

Or fish the creek further below the bridge. Skip that first section that is loaded with fish and try to pull a few out of the less fished areas. This is more rewarding. Fish downstream until you reach the footbridge. You will understand once you get there.

Poseidon
06-03-2007, 08:38 PM
wheres the foot bridge

brownbragger
06-03-2007, 08:45 PM
[quote="Joshua"]Nice report, Glad you did well.
First thing. Next time you are there, take the time to look at your dad and say "Thank you for taking me, I will remember this forever" Trust me, it will mean alot to him. You will learn later in life what this means. (I am not some old crusty dude waiting to die. But I am old enough to have lost my dad and have a child of my own. These are memories in the making. Take the time to enjoy where you are and who you are with) :oops:

Couldnt have said better Josh. I lost my father at 24 ( I'm 36 now ) and I thank him every time I'm out fishing. He's the reason I spend so much time out at the lake.

Thanks Pop !!

Joshua
06-04-2007, 11:59 PM

Couldnt have said better Josh. I lost my father at 24 ( I'm 36 now ) and I thank him every time I'm out fishing. He's the reason I spend so much time out at the lake.

Thanks Pop !!
Brownbagger, I lost my old man when I was 12 (also 36) He took me hunting and fishing. I had to learn alot on my own. But you are correct, that each time a shoulder a shotgun or cast my line, I connect with my dad. Thanks Pops (wish you were here)

Where is the footbridge> To get back on subject. THe foot bridge is about 1/2 miles downstream from the lake. It is within the campground boundaries. You were close to it, when you left the lodge.

High Sierra Junkie
06-05-2007, 12:19 PM

Thanks Pop !!
Brownbagger, I lost my old man when I was 12 (also 36) He took me hunting and fishing. I had to learn alot on my own. But you are correct, that each time a shoulder a shotgun or cast my line, I connect with my dad. Thanks Pops (wish you were here)

Where is the footbridge> To get back on subject. THe foot bridge is about 1/2 miles downstream from the lake. It is within the campground boundaries. You were close to it, when you left the lodge.
If you walk across the road from the Resort/Restaurant area, there is a white lined crosswalk. If you cross right there and follow the dirt path, it will take you to the foot bridge. It is so people from the campground can cross over to the store. ANd yes, that little section below the footbridge is awesome water. When you walk up to it, it is one of those places that you say, "Oh, there is definitely going to be something in there!"