PDA

View Full Version : 11/13 Southern Cal, OUCH!!

supasportkid
11-13-2008, 10:39 PM
We started off the day trolling our way to the sculpin grounds for 2 jig stops. Nothing but the jig fish came from the stops, the bones didnt want any bait or iron! we stopped almost at newport to load up on our limits of sculpin, where i was also stung in the dam foot by one of those little bastards!! OUUCH!! then moved on to a DEEP rock fish spot where i picked up a nice bosco and a few chuckle heads. the others got into some grouper, reds and other rockies. on the way back we trolled and got a stop that produced about a dozen more bones, i got 1 on the troll and 1 on the iron. that was my favorite part of the day, i love the fight!! well thanks for reading.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
11-13-2008, 10:42 PM
hahaha sucks!!! ow did your foot swell up like a balloon??

one_leg
11-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Watch out for the rattlers!!!

Hey, at least you got some nice fish for your efforts.

ghetto dad
11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Lol...when i saw the title of the thread, somehow i KNEW you got stuck by a sculpin...strange....thanks for the report

Ms_cleo_dad

supasportkid
11-14-2008, 05:01 PM
zombie,
nah it didnt swell up, jus hurt like a mutha! but i kept fishin, and after about 15 minutes it was cool.

OL,
yeah i thought i knew better, but one was gettin too close to me so without thinkin twice, i kicked it, but he got the best of me!

GD,
HAHAHA! yeah you nailed it! thats my first time, now i dont even wanna fish em!

lizzay
11-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Sorry to hear about the scullpin stab, but they taste so good

ghetto dad
11-14-2008, 05:27 PM
zombie,
nah it didnt swell up, jus hurt like a mutha! but i kept fishin, and after about 15 minutes it was cool.

OL,
yeah i thought i knew better, but one was gettin too close to me so without thinkin twice, i kicked it, but he got the best of me!

GD,
HAHAHA! yeah you nailed it! thats my first time, now i dont even wanna fish em!

To be honest with you, when I worked on boats, we clipped ALL the sculpin before they went into the sack....ALL....doesnt seem like ANY of the boats do that anymore......

GD

BIGRED KILLA
11-14-2008, 05:30 PM
That must have hurt thanks for the report and pic next time wear your boots.

Bigred

ghetto dad
11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
That must have hurt thanks for the report and pic next time wear your boots.

Bigred

They can go thru boots too....

GD

JapanRon
11-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi supasportkid,

Great pic of your foot. I'll bet you were wearing sandals. If so .... you guys are fearless !! Thanks for the always cool descriptions on the day.

JapanRon

JapanRon
11-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi ghettodad,

The crew of the Premier down SD way were clipping the rattlers. Like you, I guessing few do it up here ....for sure.

JapanRon

BIGRED KILLA
11-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Hey GD i am talking about steel tow boots.lol

Bigred

supasportkid
11-14-2008, 08:14 PM
hey ron,
naw, i wasnt wearing sandals. i was jus in some casual pumas! thanks for reading

OnDaHunt4Fish
11-15-2008, 04:28 PM
pm me the location of the grouper red rockie spot by newport i will be out ther Sunday looking for a meal......if anybody knows pm me

ghetto dad
11-15-2008, 11:07 PM
pm me the location of the grouper red rockie spot by newport i will be out ther sunday looking for a meal......if anybody knows pm me

:???: :???: :???: :???:.....

Gd

fishhead
11-16-2008, 03:27 AM
pm me the location of the grouper red rockie spot by newport i will be out ther Sunday looking for a meal......if anybody knows pm me

Good luck.Ryan has spots the size of dinner plates.This guy is the structure master.

supasportkid
11-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Good luck.Ryan has spots the size of dinner plates.This guy is the structure master.

yup! he sets up the perfect drifts. a good captain and fisherman