PDA

View Full Version : Quick Session Thursday LB

ghetto dad
11-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey guys, I am at the landing, so i need to make this one quick. We should report good and BAD days, to contribute, so here we go.

Headed towards Long Beach at about 815 am, and on the way, I was debating whether or not to stop at Big Fish for a couple things. Decided to go ahead and stop, and I picked up a pack of GULP camo sand worms, and a pack of pogy's (thanks TJ, NPH killaz) for my next session at NPH. Got to spot # 1 at around 9 am.

I cant reveal the first spot for 3 reasons. 1. Its one of my boyz "secret spots". 2. It’s so secret, there were like 15 other people fishing there. 3. It’s so secret, the fish don’t even know about it. Number 3 sums it up. I fished the 4 inch Flukes, 3 different colors, dropshot rigged. No takers. Tide was up, water was VERY clean, just no luck for me today. The last 15 minutes, I hooked me up a Carolina rig with a GULP sand worm. No biters on that either. So I packed it in, cuzz it was almost 10:30, and the side of the street that I was parked on (the only place my truck would fit) was street sweeping today. Headed to Spot #2.

Spot # 2, AKA Cherry Beach, was nice and empty today. Last time I was there, it looked like a victor101 family reunion get together….lol. I re-rigged the DS with the flukes, and fished it as hard as I could. No biters here either. So, I looked at my phone, had about another 30 minutes fishing time, whether it was here or somewhere else. Thought to myself, "Well, I guess I am going to get the skunk today." Then I had one final hope for redemption. Packed up my gear, and headed to the 3rd and final spot.

I cant reveal where this spot is (LOL…I know vic and hak know when they see the pics), so you will know soon. Rigged up the Sand worm, DS style, and fished. Almost as soon as I hit bottom, WHAM!!! I set the hook, and it was ON!!! This fish actually pulled pretty hard, took drag and everything. Got it to color, and threw it on!! Lol…I know it aint much, but at least I DIDN’T SKUNK TODAY!! WOO HOO!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/Picture021.jpg

Caught one more quick one, before I had to get to work, quite a bit smaller, but hey, it’s a fish!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/Picture022.jpg

Thanks guys…I found myself on the first spot telling myself "Forget drop shotting for halibut, it sucks!!" Then I thought to myself again , " I need to put my time in to catch a halibut on the DS, I will get one eventually." I am going to put my time in, and I Know that I will get my DS hali…..sooner than later, I hope…lol…..peace
GD

FISHSTIX
11-13-2008, 09:42 PM
I cant reveal the first spot for 3 reasons. 1. Its one of my boyz "secret spots". 2. It’s so secret, there were like 15 other people fishing there. 3. It’s so secret, the fish don’t even know about it.

:ROFL:....nice!!...atleast spot #3 produced and like you said you beat the skunk....dont give up on the ds tho...it works!......thanks for the report

F.S

JSAUCE818
11-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I cant reveal the first spot for 3 reasons. 1. Its one of my boyz "secret spots". 2. It’s so secret, there were like 15 other people fishing there. 3. It’s so secret, the fish don’t even know about it.

:ROFL:....nice!!...atleast spot #3 produced and like you said you beat the skunk....dont give up on the ds tho...it works!......thanks for the report

F.S
oh snap? james? get at ya boy mang....oh yeah, nice butterlip.

hakaveli
11-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Lol GD i wont tell ur secret perch sport lol

ghetto dad
11-13-2008, 09:46 PM
oh snap? james? get at ya boy mang....oh yeah, nice butterlip.

this aint the g** dating thread....pm him......:ROFL:

GD

its ok to laugh...cuzz i didnt get the skunk...btw...thats a huge buttermouth...lol

GD

ghetto dad
11-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Lol GD i wont tell ur secret perch sport lol

lol.....thanks man...its ok, members only!!! lol

GD

JSAUCE818
11-13-2008, 09:52 PM
this aint the g** dating thread....pm him......:ROFL:
Maybe i should say the same about you since your always back and forth with alan on threads, you guys have a love hate relationship ;0)

Ricky-Ray
11-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Maybe i should say the same about you since your always back and forth with alan on threads, you guys have a love hate relationship ;0)

That's what makes their relationship special.

Nice going out there today GD. Sure is nice beating the skunk for sure.

ghetto dad
11-13-2008, 09:57 PM

Not anymore....have a nice day

GD

supasportkid
11-13-2008, 10:58 PM
good job on beatin the skunk man! you should jus fish off your dock at work! i worked off pier D, and it was wide open on perch and all small bass, i miss workin there! well thanks for the report

CoffeaRobusta
11-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Way to hang in there to beat the skunk. That first one you caught....did you squeeze him a little hard or he just showin you some love?

tacklejunkie
11-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Nice going GD.
There's always some fish to be stirred up down there.

I might have to go comb that cherry beach place down with my LC's on of these days. The surf in your last report was like 4" high :LOL:

ghetto dad
11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Way to hang in there to beat the skunk. That first one you caught....did you squeeze him a little hard or he just showin you some love?

lol...no dude, I did not squeeze the fish...:ROFL: I barely even touched him cept to unhook him.....

GD

ghetto dad
11-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Nice going GD.
There's always some fish to be stirred up down there.

I might have to go comb that cherry beach place down with my LC's on of these days. The surf in your last report was like 4" high :LOL:

lol...yeah.....theres usually hardly any surf at all....let me know how you do on your LC, if you catch, I need to take out a loan or cut my kids food back so I can purchase a couple of those....thaks TJ

GD

one_leg
11-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Way to go Steven. Nice report, but it needs more asides.....imho.

Lil perch are a lot of fun, but huge perch are a fricking blast.

Where are they? :Secret:

Liteliner
11-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Cute fish... I see you really do wanna beat me and vic to the legals.... Lets have a little fishoff next weekend? Drop shot only.

ghetto dad
11-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Cute fish... I see you really do wanna beat me and vic to the legals.... Lets have a little fishoff next weekend? Drop shot only.

what day....ill let you know

GD

Liteliner
11-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Im sure it would have to be sunday since your off work...

hakaveli
11-14-2008, 11:43 AM
its on ill take all yall

Santa Fe Eric
11-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Nice work! I haven't caught any of that species yet!

Glad you didn't have to make a "fish pool" this time. You actually got to fish a little.

victor101
11-14-2008, 02:42 PM
good job on beating the skunk GD! I have yet to get skunked at the "007" spot. Im down with this fishoff thing. let me know when were gonna make it happen!

ghetto dad
11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
I will clearly be the underdog is this competition.....so i have nothing to lose.....and this isnt gonna be a 30 person deal guys, just a few...and i have to wait till i get good gear...

GD

Wingnut
11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
I will clearly be the underdog is this competition.....so i have nothing to lose.....and this isnt gonna be a 30 person deal guys, just a few...and i have to wait till i get good gear...

GD

It's not the gear Steve...:LOL:
But if you want, I can let you borrow the Carrot Stix set-up that you've been eyeing. :Wink: :Cool:
But I don't think my waders will fit you though. :Envious:

ghetto dad
11-14-2008, 04:46 PM
It's not the gear Steve...:LOL:
But if you want, I can let you borrow the Carrot Stix set-up that you've been eyeing. :Wink: :Cool:
But I don't think my waders will fit you though. :Envious:

LOL...thanks man...and yes, in my case, it IS the gear...my reel wouldnt even turn the other day while trying to drop shot.....and thanks for the carrot rod tease!!!! thats just not right...i need to hit up BPS.....

GD

victor101
11-15-2008, 07:55 PM

GD

UNDERDOG???? I LIVE IN VEGAS!!!! I have to drive 250+ miles to fish! LOL! If anybody is the underdog...it would be me!

hakaveli
11-15-2008, 07:56 PM
im the real underdog i dont know how to fish

ghetto dad
11-15-2008, 11:06 PM
UNDERDOG???? I LIVE IN VEGAS!!!! I have to drive 250+ miles to fish! LOL! If anybody is the underdog...it would be me!

um...no....considering you and hak think you are mexican sinjin and cambodian sinjin, I am the underdog...

GD