PDA

View Full Version : I Have Lost that Loving Feeling in NPH!!!!

flyngby
11-12-2008, 08:15 PM
We'll after being away from the Harbor for the past 2 month due to work, and working some Marathon Shifts pulling Hoops and Fishing on board the HESBROS I have lost touch with NPH.

Seems like I need to get some tips from Casey (tacklejunkie) on how to fish the area.

I went down the past 2 Wed's and have had very limited success. Total fish for 2 trips are 3 short Butts, 1 just legal Spottie and a great farm job on a pushing 30" Flattie at color.

I left the net in the truck and when he saw me drooling he took off like a mad man and I did not get a second chance, ate right through my 12 lb.

Guess I have spent to much time afloat lately and forgot how to fish the Harbor the way I learned it best.

Some pics of some more Short Flatties.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/CIMG1781.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/CIMG1798.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/CIMG1801.jpg

Until next time.

Steve

cappo
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
ouch that sucks about the net. Cool pics though.

tacklejunkie
11-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Nice work Steve!
I have yet to figure out how to stir up them bay hali's. I get tied into a few spotties and get distracted :LOL: I'll give 'em a go next time around.

I'm sure you haven't lost your touch. You're just warming back up! :Cool:

Fisherman57
11-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Hang in there Steve!.. I know it musta been tough
seeing that 30" take off..... but Im sure you'll get one like again that soon .....

Thanks for sharing!

Dana

CoffeaRobusta
11-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Nice job. Sorry you lost that one 30 in fish. I hope someday just to bring one to color. Till next time, have fun.

ghetto dad
11-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Great job brother!!!! I have only been there once, but i LOVE NPH.....i have to hit it soon.....were you tubin???

GD

Wingnut
11-12-2008, 09:29 PM
You didn't lose anything but a nice Hali Steve. You're still the King of the Harbor. :Envious: It would have been tough boating that Butt without a net anyways, let him grow a few more inches. :Twisted: Thanks for the report. :Cool: :Big Grin:

Santa Fe Eric
11-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Wow a 30 at color! That would have sent my heart racing!
Good job getting back out in the bay.
She'll warm back up to you!

Santa Fe

fishnFF
11-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Well we all know you would have let the Hali go anyway so you just sped up the process. :Wink: Well I would imagine that your work season must be slowing down so hopefully you can re-learn your NPH skills. I am sure that it wont take much time. Have fun

Tim

chris
11-13-2008, 11:39 AM
bummer on the escape artist. nice pictures of the babies

one_leg
11-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the report/pics.

flyngby
11-13-2008, 08:51 PM
ouch that sucks about the net. Cool pics though.

Just screwed up and forgot to grab a valuable part of the gear to get the CPR!

Nice work Steve!
I have yet to figure out how to stir up them bay hali's. I get tied into a few spotties and get distracted :LOL: I'll give 'em a go next time around.

I'm sure you haven't lost your touch. You're just warming back up! :Cool:

Casey,

It seems to be a problem that I have been going there and targeting just 1 species and not taking advantage of what Harbor is offering on that particular day.

Hang in there Steve!.. I know it musta been tough
seeing that 30" take off..... but Im sure you'll get one like again that soon .....

Thanks for sharing!

Dana

Thanks Dana,

At least I was able to encourage a larger model into having some fun with me while it lasted and take the experience into the future.

Nice job. Sorry you lost that one 30 in fish. I hope someday just to bring one to color. Till next time, have fun.

That time will come. Just put in the time!!!!! Take care and good luck on the YAK!!!!

Great job brother!!!! I have only been there once, but i LOVE NPH.....i have to hit it soon.....were you tubin???
GD

I was fishing from 1 of the Public Docks which makes leaving the net in the truck even a bigger mistake as they have the upper hand and all the cover to there advantage. No way to get them into the open water and can only bring them into the hazard zone.

Keep exploring that place you will learn to love it.

You didn't lose anything but a nice Hali Steve. You're still the King of the Harbor. :Envious: It would have been tough boating that Butt without a net anyways, let him grow a few more inches. :Twisted: Thanks for the report. :Cool: :Big Grin:

That is true about the Flattie and wish I had been on the boat to pull it out to the open waters but he had the upper hand on me on the dock!!!!!!!!

Wow a 30 at color! That would have sent my heart racing!
Good job getting back out in the bay.
She'll warm back up to you!
Santa Fe

It was behaving like a Bat Ray at first until I got it near the dock then felt the familiar head thump and after it came to color the heart became rapid and suddenly stopped when I felt the line slack while on its escape run.
]

Well we all know you would have let the Hali go anyway so you just sped up the process. :Wink: Well I would imagine that your work season must be slowing down so hopefully you can re-learn your NPH skills. I am sure that it wont take much time. Have fun

Tim

Tim,

We will have to work out some plans for your next visit, Like Eddie said you mingh have to crew for the Buggs before we hit the My Harbor of the new found location.

bummer on the escape artist. nice pictures of the babies

Chris,

All I can do is go in search of him again.

Thanks for the report/pics.

Thanks Alan.

JSAUCE818
11-13-2008, 09:38 PM
youll get em next time, thanks for the report..

klocked
11-13-2008, 11:24 PM
As much time as you have put in in NPH, it has something very nice in store for you Steve. That 30"+ was just a little taste for what's to come:Cool:.

Kevthecatfishstudent
11-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I know you farmed that beauty butt, but the fun is really in the fight I know your heart probably just now beating regularly. Just a lil tip for what its worth. Use lighter line than 12 you may lose more fish but you will get hit and catch more fish. I Think Sante fe Eric and others who fish that bay will agree with me. Try it out and good luck