PDA

View Full Version : i need your opinion

NoHo ART
11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
since i don't know much about boats i would like to know what you guys think of this boat for lake and maybe some bay / harbor fishing

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=24947

NoHo ART
11-12-2008, 09:16 AM
seriously nobody has an opinion on this ?:???:?

fisherbabe
11-12-2008, 10:03 AM
BUY IT!!!! Its definitely fishable! but thats just my opinion! :Envious:

Rooster
11-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I have a opinion on it but the boat your asking about is from another FNN member and to comment might not be politically correct. I may be running for president one day :Secret:

SpinnerBaitKing
11-12-2008, 02:33 PM
But the bay? I used to own a 14' bayliner lol. funny boat. Cake in the lakes; in the bay, some trouble.

The only problem with short boats, it leaves no room for much. I have a 25' Glastron and it's still small!

I am sure that boat will be just right, but you should also consider the sun on that aluminum in the summer time. Fiberglass is best.

Ants

MAVERICK27
11-12-2008, 02:44 PM
I like that boat..i'd use it for irvine or harbor fishing...Newport or Long Beach :)

chris
11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
i love my valco an it's older than that

yamafish
11-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Just my opinion
Nice little ride

Maybe spray the interior with Rhino Liner material.

If you are specifically thinking lakes.. You may want to consider 4stroke motor..
DVL / Skinner requires a 4 stroke or a late model direct injected 2 stroke
Corona/ SARL require a 4 stroke

IMHO - Spend the money on a small 4 stroke.. they are quiet and run really smooth.. You will be happy you did when you are trolling along really slow...:Smile:

NoHo ART
11-12-2008, 08:53 PM
yeah i was planing on spaying it with some type of bedliner
but the only thing i knew about 2 and 4 stroke was that one mixes oil it self... the other i have to mix the oil in .. i didn't know that some lakes require a 4 stroke
that might be a problem....
i don't really care about s.a.r.l. or corona i plan to use the boat in castaic / pyramid / irvine and some harbors around la / oc

GeordyBass
11-12-2008, 09:06 PM
yeah i was planing on spaying it with some type of bedliner
but the only thing i knew about 2 and 4 stroke was that one mixes oil it self... the other i have to mix the oil in .. i didn't know that some lakes require a 4 stroke
that might be a problem....
i don't really care about s.a.r.l. or corona i plan to use the boat in castaic / pyramid / irvine and some harbors around la / octhere are only 3 lakes in California that do not allow 2 strokes(mix oil with gas)...skinner,Diamond Valley,and Big bear...4 stroke are more wayyyy more fuel efficient...wayyyyy more....lol....

NoHo ART
11-12-2008, 09:31 PM
there are only 3 lakes in California that do not allow 2 strokes(mix oil with gas)...skinner,Diamond Valley,and Big bear...4 stroke are more wayyyy more fuel efficient...wayyyyy more....lol....

looking on craigslist they cost more too (more then this whole package)
.... money that i don't have aright now
i would have to avoid those 3 lakes for now

Rooster
11-12-2008, 09:36 PM
there are only 3 lakes in California that do not allow 2 strokes(mix oil with gas)...skinner,Diamond Valley,and Big bear...4 stroke are more wayyyy more fuel efficient...wayyyyy more....lol....
There are more then 3 lakes in california that do not allow 2 strokes.
I can think of 3 more off the top of my head
1.San Pablo Recreation Area
2.Sarl
3.Corona

aboos
11-13-2008, 10:03 AM

i havent been up to big bear in a while...but when did they change over 4 stroke??? are you certain about that or can anyone else comfirm it?

chris
11-13-2008, 11:45 AM
i havent been up to big bear in a while...but when did they change over 4 stroke??? are you certain about that or can anyone else comfirm it?

i was on a two stroke at big bear last summer. all they care about is making snow out of that water

GeordyBass
11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
There are more then 3 lakes in california that do not allow 2 strokes.
I can think of 3 more off the top of my head
1.San Pablo Recreation Area
2.Sarl
3.Corona
corona?i've seen lots of 2 strokes there...also sarl???is it something new???lol...or maybe im just ignorant....hahahaha

Rooster
11-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Its been for years 4-stroke or electric motors only. Maybe ya missed the 20 foot sign when you went in :ROFL:

BM818 lets fish bro.

GeordyBass
11-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Its been for years 4-stroke or electric motors only. Maybe ya missed the 20 foot sign when you went in :ROFL:

BM818 lets fish bro.sure dude...when?

i checked the site and it said nothing about that...but whatever...i need to find a small boat now to accommodate my 10hp 4stroke merc...i sold my badasss 14' skiff because some dude was selling me his boat cheap...then he refused to sell it to me after....damn....

chilibeast
11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
I used to have a boat just like it! Easy to launch and clean. Great for lakes and harbors. I would take it outside the harbor once in a while. Only thing was the rivits on aluminum start to leak from the swells pounding the boat. I had to fiberglass over the rivits eventually. After that it was great.

NoHo ART
11-15-2008, 12:20 AM
yeah i went and looked at it and i must say i loved it.... it looks much better in person then in the pictures soooooo im picking it up some time today :LOL: i cant wait :Rolls Eyes:

DEADROOTS
11-15-2008, 08:23 AM
What up art! My boat is a valco like that one , mine is an 84'- 15 footer. What are you doing today?

NoHo ART
11-15-2008, 06:02 PM
What up art! My boat is a valco like that one , mine is an 84'- 15 footer. What are you doing today?
i just got home i picked up the boat :LOL: and with in 3 hrs i dropped
$200 on it lol had to get an anchor /anchor rope and a battery and charger for the fish finder so im set and ready to hit MDR tomorrow

GeordyBass
11-15-2008, 09:22 PM
yeah i went and looked at it and i must say i loved it.... it looks much better in person then in the pictures soooooo im picking it up some time today :LOL: i cant wait :Rolls Eyes:pics???????