PDA

View Full Version : CIH HELP!!!!!

TroutChaser
06-03-2007, 01:33 PM
so my brother and I launched are boat in the saltwater for the first time today. 15ft Smokecraft w/ 40 hp honda. Since we are new to salt we are still getting it together and dont have a bait tank yet. The plan was to find some kelp and throw some plastics...

So out of the harbor we go and the first thing we see is a massive oil rig located NW. We motor to it and see no other boats.. question.. can we fish by this thing? if so how close? since we dont see anyone else we head back towards the coast in search of....local moo-moos and/or kelp and find NOTHING. so any help with the following would be great.
1. Wheres the kelp paddies
2. If I were to just drive a bit is it "fishier" to the south pt. hueneme etc or is it better towards the north, ventura, etc..?
3. Where do the local moo moos go?
4. Why does it feel like my computer table is rocking as I sit here and type. :lol:

Thanks for all your help,
CHASER

ps. #5 I believe I saw a tailing Thresher and my brother says no way, anyone seen anything like that out of CIH ?

KaliDawgFan
06-03-2007, 03:13 PM
4. Why does it feel like my computer table is rocking as I sit here and type. :lol:

Earthquake

jrodda
06-03-2007, 04:53 PM
ps. #5 I believe I saw a tailing Thresher and my brother says no way, anyone seen anything like that out of CIH ?

You probably saw a sunfish, but hey, there are threshers in the area.

Fish Dog
06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
edit (forget what I said) - just figured out were you were - I have no knowledge of that area.