PDA

View Full Version : lone pine/ bishop

madooog1
06-03-2007, 12:45 PM
hey all,
Goin up to my great uncle Crowley's cabin in lone pine again next weekend and need a little advice. I pretty much know allthe spots in lone pine, but we are going to go up to bishop and we are thinking lake sabrina to get away from the streams and do some lake fishing. Any tips for that lake would be greatly appreciated. we are goingto rent a boat, so we should have no problems getting to the hot spots. any baits, spots anything!!!...also if there are any other lakes or streams in the lone pine/bishop area that you like please let me know. Thanks!

Poseidon
06-03-2007, 06:44 PM
When you guys rent the boat go all the way back the the inlet were the river empties out in the lake. The fish are stacked all over each other. And most of the big fish hang out over there. So just drive up the lake park it to the shore next to the inlet and start tossing your crawlers.

Old Dude
06-04-2007, 02:44 PM
The inlet is the best spot, we fish off the boulders, cast close let current take it down, slow retrive.We caught all stockers, wide open, what a beautifull place. Damn,I wish I was sitting on that boulder right now! The hardware store in L P has rainbow pattern with gold blade roostertails, first time I"ve seen them. Anything works, but try this spinner,had alot of luck and fun with it. Orange powerworms, one split shot, # 10 owners hook, 2# test,like fishing in a barrel. Good Luck

ghetto dad
06-04-2007, 08:48 PM
take me with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Old Dude
06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
take me with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I hear you Mr. Ghetto Dad, did the bills, looks like Lytle creek or Trubuco this weekend with the gas and all. I've got a gut feeling that I will get a wall hanger BROWN my next trip. One of those big hook jaws, know what I mean? I have 4- 5 1/4 '' floating rapalas, model 13s, going to paint them rainbow, brown and what comes to my alcohol fueled creativity. South lake, case of silver bullets. I will stick to throwing the raps, I WILL not give in to the power bait mentality. I WILL succeed and get me a BIG BROWN!