PDA

View Full Version : SYCAMORE...PICS..6/2/07

JSAUCE818
06-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Tagged along with Wifey and her family to this beach that I never heard of (Sycamore) so I had to bring along my "FISH AID KIT"..lol...just in case if it looks good,....as soon as I got there I started my basic set-up for perch, Surf Crack (camo worms)...so I started walking towards these rocks (pic).

once I got there Casted out right past the foamy area,..when the current was going back I would release line,..and as the waves were coming in I'd reel In to control the line so it wouldn't be all loose and go into the rocks and get snagged......anyways,..as I was reeling in.......WHAM!.....woo-hoo! Fish on! No skunk for me!.......pulled out this slab..(pic)..wifey's mom asked to give her the fish as I was unhooking it to release it,...so I gladly let her have it...lol...didn't want to argue on releasing the thing against her..lol....anyways...now is time for my 2nd cast........Wham!...fish on again!....I call over wifey's little brother so he can have the thrill of reeling in a fish, man that little kid had the biggest Chucky Cheese smile ever as he was fighting this thing...lol...glad to see that,....and here in the result..(pic)...
I wanted to switch it up afterwards,..I wanted to toss out a Kroc,..I started tossing it out with no love,...then all on a sudden.....Wham!...lol...fish on again!...I'm over here anxious to see what it was that I was fighting,...since I was using a Kroc,..I was think maybe a YFC or so,...as I reeled it in,.....Nope.....another freaking BSP again,...lol...it was funny to me cause the Kroc was as biggest as the damn fish!...couldn't believe he took a snap at it!...I mean,...look at that big ***** treble hook on that Kroc.....but I guess when they are hungry they'll hit anything...(pic)
After a couple of more cast or so, decided to go back to our spot where we were set up and caught some sleep underneath some shade......wouldn't mind trying this spot again....I'm still on the hunt for my 1st Hali for this year.....and my 1st Leopard.......hope you enjoyed the report and pics....tight lines ya'll....be safe out in the water...

jrodda
06-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the report and nice pics. we went there this morning for a :skunk: .That beach just hasnt produced like last year but at least you got a couple.

bones
06-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Nice Job Jessie!
I still havn't stuck a slab on anything but GSW's or Squid!
That must have been KEWL 8)
Thanks for the report :D