PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone See Survivorman Tonight?

smokinflies
11-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Besides me, did anyone else see Survivorman:Sierra Nevada. what did you guys think? good or bad? thumbs up or down? any comments?

tacklejunkie
11-07-2008, 11:08 PM
We aren't too ignorant to get it.
We are saying that doing those types of things can get you killed, and are not the proper things to teach people in real survival situations. You at all costs do not try to risk injury when you are lost with no help. Climbing and floating down rivers and jumping off waterfalls is asking for it in already tough situations.

Do all the stuff Bear taught you in a real survival situation :LOL: Burn out all your energy in one day running through the woods like tarzan and be so sore the next day you can't move to save your own life.

:Dead Horse:

Survivor man Sierras owned it up. He straight up had a forest salad and made a guitar trap that was simply genius. Just because it didn't catch anything doesn't mean it doesn't work. Look at fishing.

Fire from a headlight? Good stuff. Although last resort..

Why not take a block of cheese for trapping bait if you know your going to be stranded? No importing Hickory Farms in to the Sierras? Why kill any animals at all if you're making a show and know you'll be done shortly..
Quite unnecessary unlike Bear who whacks everything he gets his hands on.

I'll admit I missed most of it. He tried to get lost on purpose to show you how good the rescue team was. I don't think he would have went so far out his way for nothing through all that bush.

He also noted some of the more important rules of survival..

Go around obstacles whenever possible and be safe. Be patient, calm, and use your surroundings to your advantage. If at all possible, stay in the same spot where you first notice you are lost and don't do ANY jumping! If you hurt yourself when lost you're screwed.

I don't know why I'm bothering to post this since :Rolls Eyes: will read like one sentence and launch an attack without "hearing" a word I said :LOL: Just my 2cents now, no need to start a lame forum war over an opinion.

one_leg
11-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Did he squeeze the juice from some bear dung and drink it?

BIGRED KILLA
11-07-2008, 11:41 PM
That was on Man vs Wild Alan.

Bigred

tpfishnfool
11-08-2008, 08:11 AM
It was weak. Looked like the western Sierras near Yosemite. Awsome streams and rivers that looked real fishy.. but the show was weak. IMO

lizzay
11-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Definately not his best

jeff4321
11-09-2008, 11:24 PM
bear grylls is much better than that hippie.

Badfish2
11-10-2008, 02:49 AM
bear grylls is much better than that hippie.

:Thumbs Up::Applause:

one_leg
11-10-2008, 10:07 AM
People occasionlly die on "Deadliest Catch".

Which one of these guys is likely to die before the other?