PDA

View Full Version : Northern Cal Salmon/Steelhead Help!!

pattitude
11-07-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm driving to san Francisco and the 7 hours north to redwood forest, my girlfriend is up for a day or two of fishing. Can anyone ge me the best plan to get on some lunkers. A river, spot, tackle shop contact. I may be up for a guide if isn't to pricy. Any help would be greeatly appreciated.

pattitude

slief
11-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm not an expert on Nor cal but as far as I know, the Salmon fishing is off limits this year due to the small runs along the pacific coast. My buddy lives in Oregon and I think the steel head runs have been pretty slow as well. I would plan on fishing the streams for trout but you will need to check for restrictions. Hopefully some of the northern cal guys will chime in.

Badfish2
11-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Smith River, Rogue River, are about as good as it gets for Steelhead. THere are local websites up there that have some reports, check WON (Western Outdoors Newspaper) too, they have some stuff on there about that area and steelhead, and yes, Salmon are a no no

jeff4321
11-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Smith River, Rogue River, are about as good as it gets for Steelhead. THere are local websites up there that have some reports, check WON (Western Outdoors Newspaper) too, they have some stuff on there about that area and steelhead, and yes, Salmon are a no no

is this where you get all your insider information?

lizzay
11-15-2008, 01:00 PM
word has it that certain areas you can fish salmon from nov1 till sometime in dec.