PDA

View Full Version : Money, Money, Money

JapanRon
06-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi guys,

Anybody on MDR's New Del Mar today? Please make a report if you did! The NDM did a half-day run and was reported as packing in 95 anglers!! That is a large boat but c'mon ........

Way to pack 'em in guys! :lol: :lol:

JapanRon

fish4keep
06-02-2007, 09:11 PM
That's why they are call cattle boats........ Round them up........... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rusty6
06-02-2007, 09:11 PM
there is no way. maybe a typo. that would be too much of a liability to risk having that many people on one boat

fish4keep
06-02-2007, 09:20 PM
there is no way. maybe a typo. that would be too much of a liability to risk having that many people on one boat

Could be true. If I'm not mistaken, on the Freelance capacity is 99 people.......

JapanRon
06-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi rusty6,

As fish4keep said ... one example is the Freelance. The Victory and a bunch of other boats are certified for 90+. I'm sure the NDM is certified for 100 and change .... honest.

I tried to check the NOAA vessel registry site but it is slow right now so couldn't confirm exact number.

I hope no FNNers go on a trip that is over-loaded and done so 'on a regular basis'. The landings know when they are booking too many and then expext walk-ins and could get another boat. Some of them JUST DON'T CARE about the angler's experience. Up their greedy you-know-whats !! :shock:

JapanRon

cappo
06-03-2007, 03:57 PM
from what i understand is they combine the total number people on am/pm trips into one report. But Ive been on that boat with 80+ people, so it might be true.

SanDimasLMB
06-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey, the Dana Pride is 95' and can hold 100.

victor101
06-03-2007, 07:08 PM
the new del mar holds that many anglers but in 2 trips...the report is for 2 trips one at 7:30 and one at 12:30. i was on yesterday for the twilight.

POSTAL
06-03-2007, 10:16 PM
pack em in boys yee haaa!
http://z.about.com/d/gosouthamerica/1/5/B/A/1/alegriarodeocattle.jpg
T>G> I have my own boat :wink:

sashimi
06-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey Japanron,

I was out on the redondo special with a few friend and noticed the New Del Mar was pretty packed. There had to be at least 50-60 people on the boat. I will scroll thru my pics to see if I got one of them.

BakoBassin
06-04-2007, 12:55 PM
It's the packed boats that make those trips possible when there aren't enough people. You know, the good trips :wink:

JapanRon
06-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi BakoBassin,

Yes .... I quite agree with you on that point. I also understand that many have no other time but when it's packed to fish .... it's ........ suffer for a little pleasure or none at all.

I just don't like to think that my fellow anglers (kinda put myself in their place usually) are suffering with over-crowding and tough fishing ... thus.... supporting my easy, un-crowded week-day trips.

There is no reason that a landing shouldn't provide a decent ride for EVERYBODY. They would make the same money and putting out two boats might even get them more anglers for a days fishing if anglers knew there would be an overflow boat after say 50 or 60 on the 90!100+ days!

Why couldn't the skippers share the bounty ..... and do a split to both's benefit .... is that so hard to imagine ? Skippers are known to do all sorts of favors for real buddys skippers.

JapanRon

ghetto dad
06-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Hi BakoBassin,

Yes .... I quite agree with you on that point. I also understand that many have no other time but when it's packed to fish .... it's ........ suffer for a little pleasure or none at all.

I just don't like to think that my fellow anglers (kinda put myself in their place usually) are suffering with over-crowding and tough fishing ... thus.... supporting my easy, un-crowded week-day trips.

There is no reason that a landing shouldn't provide a decent ride for EVERYBODY. They would make the same money and putting out two boats might even get them more anglers for a days fishing if anglers knew there would be an overflow boat after say 50 or 60 on the 90!100+ days!

Why couldn't the skippers share the bounty ..... and do a split to both's benefit .... is that so hard to imagine ? Skippers are known to do all sorts of favors for real buddys skippers.

JapanRon

hey ron, the only thing about an "overflow boat", from past experiences, is that they are more trouble then they are worth....you get 90 peeps on a boat, then you start selling the "overflow boat" tickets, and then you have guys from the boat with 90 seeing the lighter load on the "overflow boat" then they come up and wanna be switched to that boat..then there is arguements, people wanting their money back, etc.....the landings really have to pack em in when they can, the way that the fishing industry is these days, you gotta do what you gotta do to stay afloat..now, if they put MORE than their capacity, i disagree with that...anyways, peace ron!!

JapanRon
06-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Hi again ghetto dad,

I was afraid you were going to say something like that !! :) :)

And ...... in the final analysis ....... whatever might be the elegantarian view (which as a patron I often privliged to have), in the real $$$ world, I totally understand the need to make hay while the sun shines.

And ..... that that's one of the reasons I can ride a boat with 7 other anglers !!

One thought .... if one boat was the main ride and there was another on standby ..... surely at a certain number say 40 .... tickets sold ...... a switch could be made!

Yet again ..... there would still be all these complaints and problems! OK Ok .... I get it! I surrender!! :lol: :lol:

JapanRon

ghetto dad
06-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi again ghetto dad,

I was afraid you were going to say something like that !! :) :)

And ...... in the final analysis ....... whatever might be the elegantarian view (which as a patron I often privliged to have), in the real $$$ world, I totally understand the need to make hay while the sun shines.

And ..... that that's one of the reasons I can ride a boat with 7 other anglers !!

One thought .... if one boat was the main ride and there was another on standby ..... surely at a certain number say 40 .... tickets sold ...... a switch could be made!

Yet again ..... there would still be all these complaints and problems! OK Ok .... I get it! I surrender!! :lol: :lol:

JapanRon

i totally understand your points ron....people make choices, and if they choose to go on a boat with 200 other people, there is no reason for them to complain about anything. Now, if they were mislead in any way, that is different. Most people know that in the summer, when the weather is nice, and the fish are biting, the boats will be packed. But time and time again, i still get people in the office whining about a refund because the boat was too crowded. I think the best thing to do is offer a limited load 1/2 day or 3/4 day trip during the season. NOT a limited load like another landing is offering for 3/4 day...50 people!! LMFAO..nice limited load! As far as, if i am reading correctly, the "main boat" selling 40 tickets, then a switch is made, then the "main boat" loses income for that day. Another simple solution is fish during the week!! :D I know, that isnt that simple for some people!! anyways, thanks ron!!