PDA

View Full Version : 11.03 ~ Yellowfun Croakers with GOTFISHUES

gardenmartha
11-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi all! Just joined today. I was fishing my usual spot and I happened to meet GOTFISHUES and we fished together and he told me about this site. I try to fish a couple of evenings a week with my dog Sati, and I usually catch nothing but spotties. I use Gulp! almost exclusively, mostly for the ease and convenience.

Last night the tide was way low, with little movement, and not much life in the water. GOTFISHUES must have brought me some luck though, because after 3 hours of fishing I finally caught a couple of croakers on a 4" Gulp! baitfish with a 1/4 yellow Cotee Liv'Eye 'Wounded Action' leadhead. I really like the Cotee "wounded action" leadheads, but the spotties do tend to swallow them whole. The croakers came off easy enough, released to be caught another day. I forgot my real camera, and the second fish snapped the line while I was trying to get a photo, so I called it a night early. I Left my new friend fishing in the dark. Hope you caught some!

OnDaHunt4Fish
11-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Great Job on Those fish but ah what kinda fish wass that on the bottom it was kinda big and had a strange tail(lol)

Fisherman57
11-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the board GardenMartha and thanks for the report!
Those YFC can be alot of fun to catch!

Fisherman 57 / TEAM 57

Wingnut
11-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Nice first report! Welcome to FNN. :Cool: :Big Grin:

Cangler
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Ahh ... as everyone knows , they are my fav fish

sansou
11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the board fellow Sandy Eggan!

tacklejunkie
11-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Nice croakers!
Welcome to FNN! :BabbleFish::BFish::Smile:

flyngby
11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Welcome aboard!!!!!

Nice croakers.:Thumbs Up:

The Spottie are a hoot to catch also.

Kudos to GOTFISHUES for sharing info and getting a new member on the board.

Steve

GOTFISHUES
11-04-2008, 09:45 PM
hola' G/M,

glad you made it by FNN, this is a excellent group of people all with a similar mission in life.

the funny thing is, that this wasnt the first time the two of our paths crossed, one of my spotty/corvina days i was following the rocks and there she was at the bottom of a ramp, caught a spottie and left.

this time she nailed two YFC in about 15 minutes from fishing, the second was pretty nice size, aswell as a drab puller. dogs cool too.

welcome

GOTFISHUES

ghetto dad
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Cool..another GB girl...get ericka over here!!! thanks for the report.....

GD

gardenmartha
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
hola' G/M,

glad you made it by FNN, this is a excellent group of people all with a similar mission in life.

the funny thing is, that this wasnt the first time the two of our paths crossed, one of my spotty/corvina days i was following the rocks and there she was at the bottom of a ramp, caught a spottie and left.

this time she nailed two YFC in about 15 minutes from fishing, the second was pretty nice size, aswell as a drab puller. dogs cool too.

welcome

GOTFISHUES

You bring me luck! Both times I wasn't having any until you showed up. That was a nice spottie too, but it swallowed the hook and shook itself to death while I was trying to free it. I left in shame, dead spottie floating right at the ramp, thinking to myself, "that dude is gonna come back this way, see that and call me amateur spottie killer." I really hate when I can't release them safely.

Sati liked you too. She's not that nice to everyone. See ya out there!

fishhard22
11-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Nice croakers. This is a cool website, welcome and keeep up the good fishing