PDA

View Full Version : 6/2 where everyone was...

xahx
06-02-2007, 07:20 PM
The plan was to head to Catalina, but right as we left the breakwall, we saw what looked like a small town on the water... almost 40-50 boats spread all across the Palos Verdes Coastline in a checkered assortment!
i have never seen so many boats in my life in one spot! There were commercial charter fishing boats from LA harbor, Newport, Redondo Beach, I remember.... anyway all added up to about 20 commercial charter fishing vessels. and the rest smaller private boats that were tagging along for the good fishing, turns out these boats were all chasing baraccuda around!

We didnt have the correct jigs, but we managed to snag 3 larger ones!

Sorry no pics... forgot camera.

The fishing boats were pulling them up fish after fish after fish, then when there was no more fish, they moved further down the coastline. They did this for about almost 15-20 miles!

Was a decent day of fishing, mind my terrible sore throat...

JapanRon
06-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi xahx,

Good job on the fishys,

Yeah .... I haven't checked the numbers of guys on the individual moo-moos yet but I bet it was a ZOO ......... on the boat and in the area ...... glad my plans are for the weekdays!

When I look at the counts ...... will I see boats with over 60, 70, or 80 anglers? :lol: :lol:

JapanRon

fish4keep
06-02-2007, 08:54 PM
The plan was to head to Catalina, but right as we left the breakwall, we saw what looked like a small town on the water... almost 40-50 boats spread all across the Palos Verdes Coastline in a checkered assortment!
i have never seen so many boats in my life in one spot! There were commercial charter fishing boats from LA harbor, Newport, Redondo Beach, I remember.... anyway all added up to about 20 commercial charter fishing vessels. and the rest smaller private boats that were tagging along for the good fishing, turns out these boats were all chasing baraccuda around!

We didnt have the correct jigs, but we managed to snag 3 larger ones!

Sorry no pics... forgot camera.

The fishing boats were pulling them up fish after fish after fish, then when there was no more fish, they moved further down the coastline. They did this for about almost 15-20 miles!

Was a decent day of fishing, mind my terrible sore throat...

That's just a sign of thing heating up. Wait til the sandies gets here. It will be a parking lot out there........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: