PDA

View Full Version : Question about San Luis Reservoir State Rec Area

fishing_addict
11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
The wife and I will be driving up to Tahoe from Los Angeles for new years and I was thinking about stopping at the San Luis Res State Rec Area for our halfway overnight stopping point. I've never been to this area and am looking for info on fishing conditions/accomodations etc. Are there any "cute" (quoting my wife) hotels or cabins in the area? Also, if fishing options are slim going this route (5N) I would consider going north via hwy 99 north through Fresno if my options are better. Thanks!

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
11-02-2008, 12:41 PM
try lake mcswain out of merced off the 99 its bout 30mins east of merced off G st. nice lake and the fishing is always good i know ull like it plus u can fish all night there i suggest the handicap dock near the dam or the brushpile. try the powermouse method the fish love that there!!! plus try a kastmaster fishing the point next to the handicap dock bout 50-75 out nail them everytime!!!!!! chartruese glitter powerbait works everygood there too!!!

fishing_addict
11-02-2008, 12:55 PM
try lake mcswain out of merced off the 99 its bout 30mins east of merced off G st. nice lake and the fishing is always good i know ull like it plus u can fish all night there i suggest the handicap dock near the dam or the brushpile. try the powermouse method the fish love that there!!! plus try a kastmaster fishing the point next to the handicap dock bout 50-75 out nail them everytime!!!!!! chartruese glitter powerbait works everygood there too!!!

Is McSwain lake another name for Yosemite Lake? I found that lake on google maps just east of G St.

sky
11-02-2008, 03:30 PM
delete info outdated

Badfish2
11-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Buy the latest WON and look in the reports section about McClure and Mcswain... Very very good lakes to fish in, one of them is low though from what I read. But they just had a derby in the other one. Both are fed by the merced river.

dockboy
11-06-2008, 11:13 PM
McClure and Mcswain are both great lakes. Both are great lakes. Yosemite is a small reservoir bythe UC Merced campus. Its a decent lake for lmb and some other warmwater fisheries. I know they stock there too
Good lcuk and have a nice trip at Tahoe :Cool: