PDA

View Full Version : Morning Session 4-15

KaliDawgFan
04-15-2007, 12:40 PM
After last night's disaster at Corona Lake (post to be written by Bullets) I headed out this morning to the usual spot, because I'll be damned if I get skunked for the week. Well, the fishing gods had other plans. I arrive about 30 minutes before high tide is supposed to peak. Just as I finish setting up my poles I see a skunk running across the jetty. Bad omen? 20 minutes after I cast out one of my poles goes nuts. By the time I got to it it stopped. Then the wind picked up. It was on/off all morning. I threw one of the poles into the river-side to see if anything's biting over there. Not 5 minutes go by and the bell I had on the other pole (river-side) goes nuts. I turn around and see the pole bending big time, but by the time I get to it it stopped (same thing happened to me last night at Corona). Now I'm getting frustrated. The wind picks up again so I grab the bay-side pole, throw on a Mirashad I had just bought and try that out for a while. As I was reeling in that pole to tie the lure on these two guys show up and take over my spot. I didn't care...nothing was biting. Not even one minute after they throw out one of their poles gets whacked. They pulled in a nice-sized spotted bay bass. After about 30 or so casts with the Mirashad it finally gets nailed. *SNAP* goes the line and I just said screw it after that.

xtranzman
04-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Sonds like a tough weekend bro. It happens. I know the conditions have been tough lately and that sure doesn't help. Sapen and Sint tried to the the Balboa Pier on Thrusday and said it was like trying to fish in a Hurricane.

Thanks for the info.

X

one_leg
04-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah Dude, I feel your pain. It was like that for me yesterday too.
One of these days we're gonna meet up and slaughter em!
How dare those fish refuse to be caught.

Granny Fish
04-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Aww, that's too bad Kali. :cry: Better luck next time. At least you got to go fishing which is better than what I got to do. :wink:

Greg Madrigal
04-15-2007, 11:22 PM
OOhhhhhhhh mannnnnn. I feel your pain....... Bummer. Keep on keepin on tho. You'll get em next time!

GM

CatchthatTrout
04-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Ryan......

Man you had a tough weekend. :shock:

But you've sure have had your share of VERY GOOD outings. :thumb:
It happens :wink:

:arrow: So well you getting a tube?

KaliDawgFan
04-16-2007, 07:07 AM
So well you getting a tube?

...probably towards the end of the month. I only get paid once a month so I have to be kind of frugal until then.

IslandBoi
04-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Bummer dude ... it happens, this weekend was a tough weekend all around because of this damn stoopid weather ..... better luck next time man

CatchthatTrout
04-16-2007, 08:50 AM
So well you getting a tube?

...probably towards the end of the month. I only get paid once a month so I have to be kind of frugal until then.

Ryan......
Check on e-bay.
I picked up a Caddis Nav. II for $75.00.
There's another one on bid right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CADDIS-NAVIGATOR-II ... dZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/CADDIS-NAVIGATOR-II-FISHING-FLOAT-TUBE-350LB-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ290104069309QQihZ019QQcategoryZ11727Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

olfishergal
04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
looks like a tough weekend for fishin. I was stuck home all wekend but would have gladly traded places.

ritzy
04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
what's up Ryan heard your getting a tube. When you do lets hit the beach!!!!! later.

KaliDawgFan
04-17-2007, 01:36 PM
what's up Ryan heard your getting a tube. When you do lets hit the beach!!!!! later.

You want to surf fish from a float tube?