PDA

View Full Version : Yak cherry popped - MDR 11/1/08

cappo
11-02-2008, 09:36 AM
I've been looking for a kayak for a while now, i knew what kind i wanted. Seen one for sale at a great price. Took it out on it's maiden voyage (for me) with my buddy. We hit up MDR. The morning looked great, nice and sunny. Little did we know that a massive storm was gonna come thru.

Tarpon 140
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/cappo5150/kayak/IMGP2085Small.jpg

Launched from mothers beach at 9am and paddled up the the flag pole (Gary's bull calico spot). Alot of short bites, and many missed hookups. Still getting used to not swinging so hard, few times i almost launched myself over the yak :LOL:.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/cappo5150/kayak/IMGP0006.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/cappo5150/kayak/IMGP0005.jpg

Ended up with two cudas on the swimbait. Water was semi clear.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/cappo5150/kayak/IMGP2086Small.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/cappo5150/kayak/1101a.jpg

As we were loading up that kayaks onto the truck, a monsoon came thru. Was soaked from head to toe. :Angry:. I need to get a livewell setup and a fish finder to complete the yak.

hakaveli
11-02-2008, 10:09 AM
nice going there im thinking of getting one too now

supasportkid
11-02-2008, 10:15 AM
awesome!! good job on the cudas

WARRIORMIKE
11-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Good Job on the fish :Cool:

Just out of curiosity whats MDR?

trlrtrsh67
11-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Congrats!! No skunk on the maiden voyage...right on!
So, how is it paddling around all day? I've considered a yak before but the wife is always saying you'll be sorry, you know with me being a lazy-***** and all. Was it a big work out? I'm guessing it isn't too bad being on the inside but maybe on the outside with some swell or wind it may end up being a pain in the...?

britheguy
11-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Nice man looks like you had fun, except for that part about the rain.

When the rain hit my house I was literally thinking, "Wow this must suck for the people fishing."

That will be a sick setup once you get the fishfinder and bait tank.

Oh and Mike, MDR is Marina Del Rey.

cappo
11-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Good Job on the fish :Cool:

Just out of curiosity whats MDR?

Marina Del Rey

So, how is it paddling around all day? I've considered a yak before but the wife is always saying you'll be sorry, you know with me being a lazy-***** and all. Was it a big work out? I'm guessing it isn't too bad being on the inside but maybe on the outside with some swell or wind it may end up being a pain in the...?

I got a lil tired towards the end of the day, mostly the shoulders were giving up on me. A lil sore today but not too bad. I didnt want to chance it and go in the open ocean just yet. maybe next trip.

WARRIORMIKE
11-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Marina Del Rey

cool thanks! :LOL:

4g63power
11-02-2008, 11:57 AM
nice going out there juan! now get some tanning on your sexy thighs

trlrtrsh67
11-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Cool, I guess it'll just take some repetition and you'll be in shape. Now you just need to build some sort of rack and throw a couple hoops on there on you'll be down-town! Hell, we won't even see you on the cattle boats now! Good luck with the yak...should wind up being pretty fun.

Wingnut
11-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Nice looking yak Juan, be careful and have fun with it. :Cool: :Big Grin:

ghetto dad
11-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Nice job homie...i am glad that you have more fishing opportunities now. Have fun brother, see you on the flip....

GD

sansou
11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Congrats on the new yak!

tacklejunkie
11-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Nice Yak Cappo! Looks like a blast man. Those things cover tons of water out there.

~larissa
11-03-2008, 05:53 AM

tell the wife that getting a yak will make you a sexier man :Wink: . cause believe it or not... you're not the only lasy-****, cappo is too :ROFL: . you just gotta know how to make her see it as a benefit to her so you can get one. believe it or not, cappo's been wanting to get one for a long time and when he saw one up for sale and got no fights from me, he jumped on it quick :Confused: . come to think of it, i was sick that day :Neutral: we both called out sick from work, so he can take care of me :Angry: :mad: :Evil:

trlrtrsh67
11-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Honestly, if I had to choose I would hold out for a boat. A kayak would be fun for sure and I'll try one out someday, but, a boat is my main goal. It's still several years down the road though so untill then I'll be content with the party boats and trips with my brother on his boat.
It's pretty awesome to see a couple that shares the same hobby! Later

Liteliner
11-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Nice yak man. So i guess you did get out. Hopefully I get mines someday soon.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Nice job, congrats on the yak and chasing away the skunk on the maiden voyage......

I'd suggest trying the 4" gulp alive on a jighead in 13' to 20'....I'll bet ya do allot better as far as numbers go.

what time of the tide did you fish ?

cappo
11-04-2008, 09:49 AM
I dont remember what the tide was that day, but we weren't out at the breakwall too long. Maybe an hour. I can't take the flies and the stench over there. Dont know how u can handle it.

flyngby
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the paddle report and bustin you cherry.

Steve