PDA

View Full Version : Fin repair

fishmounter
06-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I've got a pair of Caddis clip on fins for use with wading boots that I have had for about 3-4 years now. These fins are great - quick and easy to put on or take off. I noticed yesterday that when I was up next to another tuber, his line got caught in a crack in one of my fins. Later, when I took them off and looked closer at them, I found that there is a tear in the rubber on the side and bottom, right at the stress point where the fin flexes when you kick. Has anyone had this happen and if so, is there any kind of repair that I can do? I thought of using "Shoe Goo" or maybe taking it to a shoe repair place. Monday I'm going to call Caddis & see what they say...

one_leg
06-18-2007, 08:13 AM
I've got a pair of Caddis clip on fins for use with wading boots that I have had for about 3-4 years now. These fins are great - quick and easy to put on or take off. I noticed yesterday that when I was up next to another tuber, his line got caught in a crack in one of my fins. Later, when I took them off and looked closer at them, I found that there is a tear in the rubber on the side and bottom, right at the stress point where the fin flexes when you kick. Has anyone had this happen and if so, is there any kind of repair that I can do? I thought of using "Shoe Goo" or maybe taking it to a shoe repair place. Monday I'm going to call Caddis & see what they say...

Fishmounter,
I have a feeling shoo goo would work just fine. That stuff is tuff tuff tuff.
I use it one my crutch tips and they never wear out. They used to only last me about 3-4 months of routine use. Now I just reapply it from time to time. Huge cost savings. You could expeiment to see if it'll stick to that type of rubber. Once dry I think it would be as good as, or better than new.

One_Leg