PDA

View Full Version : Hesbros Hoopin on Hallows Eve

HESBROS
10-31-2008, 07:19 AM
Since my Boss gave me Halloween off so I could take my boys Trick Or Treatin for the first time in I dont remember how many years, the bro and I decided on a sudden hoop trip. We arrived at the South Shores launch at 2130 and had our first hoops in at 2200 at one of our normal spots, and last hoops out at 0400 with limits for two, and we had to toss back one legal in the last set. We had some sprinkles during the night but it was a nice night out. As soon as we got back to the ramp, the real rain started....good timing!

So I read this and realize I left out a great story from last night. Whle we were pulling a set of nets, we approach one our floats and the bro grabs the float, and as he starts to pull, the line goes slack? WTH? Turns out it was a rope we added length to and the knot came untied. So I GPS'ed the spot and we went and reset the string and came back. My bro had taken some 3 Oz wieghts last year and put big treble hooks on them for this kind of stuff. So we got to the spot and both dropped our snagging devices attched to rods and reels, mine did not snag the net, but sure enough, my bro's did on the first try. So we got our net back, and as it surfaced, there were two keeper lobsters in it! What luck!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_0006.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_0009.jpg

Happy Halloween!

Eddie & Rich
"Hesbros"

Fishtaco
10-31-2008, 08:33 AM
another nice looking catch. Wut???? no Dirty Ore chasing your arse this time???? lol.

ahhvtec
10-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Great job fellas! Those things are monsters!!!!

chris
10-31-2008, 12:25 PM
nice catch

OnDaHunt4Fish
10-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Great job was that outside the breakwall or inside

BassBandit
10-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Nice job Eddie...We were gonna head out Wed night...but dense fog kept us at home.

See you guys next wednesday?

flyngby
10-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Ahhhhh

I see I do bring the bad luck when on board for the Buggs.

Maybe last March I should have put back unlucky # 13 that we ended up with for that evening.

Or it was the scent of my fabric soften sweatshirt that you kept making comments about that scared them off on Mon/Tue night.

Congrats on another successful night.

Now get some sleep and be ready for next week.

As for the intruders I believe it was actually the "Dirty Oar" not "Ore" but either way all should beware of their "Dirty Tactics"

Steve

DEADROOTS
11-01-2008, 09:07 AM
WOW tou were lucky, what did you guys use to attract them (bait)? Very nice guy's!!

HESBROS
11-01-2008, 09:48 AM
DR, I would not call it Lucky! LOL. We put the time in to make those numbers. And hooping is not just about going and dropping nets along a break wall.

ahhvtec
11-01-2008, 10:26 AM
DR, I would not call it Lucky! LOL. We put the time in to make those numbers. And hooping is not just about going and dropping nets along a break wall.

Luck plays a very small part of it... Congrats...

trlrtrsh67
11-01-2008, 11:48 AM
WTG on the bugs! Definately gotta put in the time from what i experienced on my first attempt. Going on Sunday afternoon was nice as far as crowds go, only saw 3 yaks and 1 boat hooping, but man it sucks having to leave early when things start picking up because you gotta be at work Mon morning. Breakwalls are an easy destination but we gotta spend some time marking some structure too for the deeper pulls.
Congrats again on the catch...can't wait to post a report of my next trip!

DEADROOTS
11-01-2008, 04:54 PM

So what did you guys use as bait?

diamondbear
11-02-2008, 12:49 PM
WAT TO GO GUYS , I just finished my deer season and now I'll be looking for diving for lobsters soon . I can't wait for good conditions for diving . I have a boat and Iam looking at taking it to the salt for a better catch for whatever , ha // db

HESBROS
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
So what did you guys use as bait?

We used Bonito and Sardine.