PDA

View Full Version : "Dirty Ore" Warning

HESBROS
10-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Just wanted to let you all know the experience we had with the "Dirty Ore" while hooping LB Monday night. We had been working the same area for at least two hours when along comes a boat the looked like a Parker but was not a Parker named the "Dirty Ore". They came in and checked the area out and then drifted off, setting up their gear for some hooping. Then they come back in and start setting in the same area we are already working. We had 8 hoops out. Now I dont mind folks coming in and working the same area, but these guys set right on top of our gear. They had set a net about 26 ft from one of ours. I tried calling them on the radio tro say WTF, and see if they could see our floats that are lit with LED lights and have Reflective tape on them. They never responded. We pulled our gear and moved away from these not so polite fishermen. After about an hour or more they pulled their gear and left the area....So, hours later, I mean hours later we had a set soaking and we had run out to look at some new potential spots. There we no other boats in sight, other than the one with Blue Lights that was moored near where we were hooping (Water Po Po!). We were not far from our gear when I see a boat coming towards our gear so we head over to check it out. Once again, there is the 'Dirty Ore" setting gear outside of our gear, every where we had a hoop, they dropped one. One was even closer than the last time with in 20ft. I got close enough and yelled to them and asked once again if they could see our gear, and that they were a little close. They just kept working and drving as if not to hear. To me, that is an obvious sign they know they are too close and just dont care. I have said it before, I dont claim the ocean to be mine, and there is room for all of us, but give me a break. Try talking to the other hoopers in the area, let them know your intenstions, let them know where you are setting your gear.

BassBandit
10-31-2008, 03:45 PM
That sucks to hear Eddie. People sometimes have no common sense or courtesy when it comes to hooping.

Hell, last week I have divers dropped off right on top of my gear...I had to come in and tell them to get the hell away.