PDA

View Full Version : fatty caught in redondo saturday

trollmiester
10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
i launched my boat by myself in redondo about 9 in the morning.went to catch bonita for bait for catfishing later on at the vine.pulled two cd 18s rapalas,then switched to cd 14s.went passed the city of redondo on the way to rocky point.i stared at the big rapala and said to my self ,man i would hate to sit on one of those by accident,so i put one away.as i changed the other one out i did not put that one away.i started trolling by rocky point when i turned around thats when it happened.no not a fish.i sat on the big rapala.it was thru my pants close to my exhaust systym on my bodey.i could not see it by i knew it was deep.i could not reach the rest of the lure to cut it off.the weight of lure was making it hurt and i started to prespire and water was running down my head.i headed back to the dock,but couldnt go to fast ,because the bumps were weighing down the lure.got to the dock and handed the first person i saw and said ,,here is a cutter the lure is stuck and please cut the lure off from the other treble in me.he said no problem and yanked has hard as he could.i think i gave birth right there and there with a owwwwwwwwwww.i said what did youdo?he said you mean it was thru your body ,i thought it was just stuck in your pants.i walked up and asked a couple of people and they said no.all i wanted was someone to cut the ring off so i could drive my truck and retrieve my boat.i ran into a old friend and made him do it on a bench.i did not know how close it was to my exhaust and he said no.i said i will give u the lure and he said yes.he grabs the cutter and says if you fart i will kill you lol lol.he cuts the lure off and the ring hits him in the outside of his eye but he was okay.waited for three boats to leave and i put the boat on trailer and got home in eleven minutes luckily.my neighbor saw me putting my boat away and said what did you catch? i said a fatty and showed him.he said he had two years of medical school and brought this kit over.he said he needed more light so i went outside and held on to the back of the boat with a towel in my mouth.he grabed a hold of the hook but the pointed end went back in and disapeared.i have no insurance i was going to harbor grneral for eighty dollars and a 13 hour wait.i drove down the street for three miles and found a doctor.the lady said no credit cards cash only and they were gonna close.i had ten bucks and would not have enough time to go get money.i went two doors down where my friend works and i borowed cash with no questions asked.man it pays to have friends.the doctor asked me do you know what i am going to do? i said yes i have had many hooks in my day ,most of them i have had friends yank them out after a couple of shots of tequila.then i told him you will freeze or num it with a shot,cut it open remove the hook and stich it.he did it for 70 dollars and i am a happy man.will try again next week and sorry for the bad typing.

sansou
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I about fell outta my chair when you told me that....:ROFL:

(You forgot the part where you had to walk kinda sideways cause the hook was rubbing your cheek! LOL)

russ88
10-27-2008, 08:39 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hilarious!!!!!!!

Lightline
10-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Sorry for your accident....but man that was funny as "chit".... LMAO

You could have gone to county USC medical center. Many people who dont have insurance go there for free medical treatment. Its where many medical students do their internship.

I think by law no hospital can refuse medical treatment, unless it stunk, in your case it might have stunk lol

Talk about butt hooking

Troutman65
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
:Shocked::EyePop: OMG !!!!! Trollmiester !!!!! You got to be more careful buddy. Dang You must of been in some pain !!!

Glad you were able to get it taken care of by a Doctor.

See you soon Chris.

BIGRED KILLA
10-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Wow i can imagine all the waves making your lure bounced up and down will it was in you i would have called the life guard.Thanks for the laughs

Bigred

Ambassadorhawg
10-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh, man!!! That's horrible!!!

Sorry to hear about that and all of the attached details. I was living it through your descriptions!!!

I am gonna walk with a limp for at least a couple of days now!!!

Fisherman57
10-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Congrats on your legal "butt" Trolly!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/trollydoc001a.jpg

troutdog
10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
I am sorry to hear about your misfortune Trolly, but at least you didn't get skunked! :LOL:

BTW this thread is worthless without pictures :Wink:

TD

gavin310
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM
I am sorry to hear about your misfortune Trolly, but at least you didn't get skunked! :LOL:

TD

For the love of god no pictures :ROFL:

BassEngineer
10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Are you kidding me?? Man, pain sux!!
:ROFL:

supasportkid
10-27-2008, 10:03 PM
OOUUCH! dam that hurts!

lizzay
10-27-2008, 10:51 PM
LOL!!! That's just about the best story I've read/heard in a long time. Too bad you got that big Fatty but hey, at least it wasn't a skunk! Glad to see that you are okay now. Wow, I can't imagine the chores that you had to go through until you were done.

Granny Fish
10-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks for sparing us all the gruesome details.:Wink:

The retelling is always the best part. :LOL:

Sorry to hear the fishing was a pain in the b.u.tt. Hope it gets better soon.

one_leg
10-28-2008, 12:28 AM
I think most of the people on this board have never even seen a Rapala CD 18.
The hooks in those are huge, and the wire is really thick too.

I am wondering about now if you wish that SaMo bay had been a "barbless artificial only" area?

Care to let me have any of your extensive collection of your Rapala lures?
I have seen them, there are many, and I want them, all of them!!!

Butt seriously Chris, I am really glad that it didn't do any real serious long term damage.

:Secret:

:ROFL:

Damn, I tried not to laugh.

Sinjin Kim
10-28-2008, 12:38 AM
i launched my boat by myself in redondo about 9 in the morning.went to catch bonita for bait for catfishing later on at the vine.pulled two cd 18s rapalas,then switched to cd 14s.went passed the city of redondo on the way to rocky point.i stared at the big rapala and said to my self ,man i would hate to sit on one of those by accident,so i put one away.as i changed the other one out i did not put that one away.i started trolling by rocky point when i turned around thats when it happened.no not a fish.i sat on the big rapala.it was thru my pants close to my exhaust systym on my bodey.i could not see it by i knew it was deep.i could not reach the rest of the lure to cut it off.the weight of lure was making it hurt and i started to prespire and water was running down my head.i headed back to the dock,but couldnt go to fast ,because the bumps were weighing down the lure.got to the dock and handed the first person i saw and said ,,here is a cutter the lure is stuck and please cut the lure off from the other treble in me.he said no problem and yanked has hard as he could.i think i gave birth right there and there with a owwwwwwwwwww.i said what did youdo?he said you mean it was thru your body ,i thought it was just stuck in your pants.i walked up and asked a couple of people and they said no.all i wanted was someone to cut the ring off so i could drive my truck and retrieve my boat.i ran into a old friend and made him do it on a bench.i did not know how close it was to my exhaust and he said no.i said i will give u the lure and he said yes.he grabs the cutter and says if you fart i will kill you lol lol.he cuts the lure off and the ring hits him in the outside of his eye but he was okay.waited for three boats to leave and i put the boat on trailer and got home in eleven minutes luckily.my neighbor saw me putting my boat away and said what did you catch? i said a fatty and showed him.he said he had two years of medical school and brought this kit over.he said he needed more light so i went outside and held on to the back of the boat with a towel in my mouth.he grabed a hold of the hook but the pointed end went back in and disapeared.i have no insurance i was going to harbor grneral for eighty dollars and a 13 hour wait.i drove down the street for three miles and found a doctor.the lady said no credit cards cash only and they were gonna close.i had ten bucks and would not have enough time to go get money.i went two doors down where my friend works and i borowed cash with no questions asked.man it pays to have friends.the doctor asked me do you know what i am going to do? i said yes i have had many hooks in my day ,most of them i have had friends yank them out after a couple of shots of tequila.then i told him you will freeze or num it with a shot,cut it open remove the hook and stich it.he did it for 70 dollars and i am a happy man.will try again next week and sorry for the bad typing.

I am terribly sorry about your incident, but this story nearly made me **** my pants! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Hope you get better and next time, remember to be clear when you ask someone to cut the hook or ring so they don't try to yank it out instead. :LOL:

DnYe
10-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Damn....that sheet sux. I woulda punched that first dude in the mouth, for being idiot...what a jackoff, he couldn't tell by your facial expressions that you were the one in pain, and not your pants?? Anyways, mad props for even tellin the story cuz I sure hell wouldn't have..lol..but thats me.

Wingnut
10-28-2008, 12:51 AM
OMG! Now that's the best Hali "Butt" fish story I've ever heard Chris. :ROFL: And YES, I do believe you... no need to post any pics to prove it. :LOL: :Envious:

Sinjin Kim
10-28-2008, 01:15 AM
OMG! Now that's the best Hali "Butt" fish story I've ever heard Chris. :ROFL: And YES, I do believe you... no need to post any pics to prove it. :LOL: :Envious:

NO NEED for pics, I believe it! :ROFL: I really don't feel like looking at your "exhaust system."

Fat Albert
10-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Man Chris you are lucky, I felt helpless when u called me and told me on the water, I was too far away. I am glad they didn't pull out your mangina piercing by accident thinking it was the hook.lol I was really worried, believe me on the water noone was laughing on my boat. Be more careful brother, see you this weekend. Don't forget you also got the painful tetanus shot, and you should have got the rabies and heart worm too, you old saltdog. Does that mean that there are now 2 Dr. Hooks???

fishing_addict
10-28-2008, 10:43 AM
For the love of god no pictures :ROFL:

I second that motion.... :ROFL:

PONTOON
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Trolly, when you called me that day from the your boat I was amazed at how calm and cool you were and how you were already, somehow, finding a way to laugh at the situation. I was in a panic and felt sick about the situation you were in until you called me and told me the ordeal was over.

I guess, My Friend, you give a whole new meaning to the term TAILDANCER......:LOL::LOL:

PONTOON
10-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Congrats on your legal "butt" Trolly!

"Legal Butt"............Dana, you need to fish with Trolly sometime.:ROFL:

olfishergal
10-28-2008, 08:28 PM
OMG TROLLEY!!!!!............sorry I was laughing so hard over this, but I know your exhuast system musta been spewing more than a little hot air. Better take some medical help with you next time and for heavens sakes get some cheap *** Insurance.......Feel better........OFG

Rooster
10-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Trolley, Your the best bro, Nothing can bring a smile to my face faster then one of your reports. Looking foward to seeing ya soon bro.

troutdog
10-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Trolley, Your the best bro, Nothing can bring a smile to my face faster then one of your reports. Looking foward to seeing ya soon bro.

I hope your not expecting me to pierce myself with a couple of treble hooks the size of a mussel scraper, in order to get you to enjoy my reports from now on RtR! :ROFL:

TD

OnDaHunt4Fish
10-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Mann that was a bad deal, but it almost killed me reading it good luck next time

deanhall32
10-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Absolutely an incredible experience!! I can just picture you holding onto the back of your boat with a towel in your mouth!!! I'm glad it's over for you! Must have seemed like forever!

mickeysindahouse
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Oh man, thank God I've got my own office. I can't imagine reading this sitting in a cubicle without getting my co-workers' or boss' attention.

You straight out had me Sh**ing in my pants. Wheeeewwww...what a crack!!! Ohhh man!!! I've got tears in my eyes just picturing your expressions as this yahoo yanks on the lure and fails to tear skin and put you out of your agony at once. I do hope your "exhaust" works fine after all this "fine tuning."

I'm sorry sorry to sound so insensitive, but it's only funny unless it were to happen to me. I've had a lure go right through my finger and can only imagine how much pain you must have gone through. You, my friend, must have pissed off Poseidon cuz he must have been laughing his @$$ off throwing one misfortune after another your way.

Anyhow, thanks for the read and the tears. On a serious note, I wish you speedy recovery and hope it heals up "nicely" (is that gay?!!). Oh, and don't forget to go get one of them Tetanus shots just to be on the safe side.

Better luck on your next trip and don't forget to wear a "Butt Strap!"

paDDy
10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I would have payed good money to see that Trolly. You always bring a smile to my face at your expense lol.

flyngby
10-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the painfull but hilarious fishing adventure!!!!!:ROFL:

Get back out there soon after your wounds heal!!!!!:Bawling:

Steve

Poxy Boggards
10-29-2008, 11:53 PM
LOL, that was a funny story Trolly! Sorry about the pain involved, but you just made me laugh so hard I woke up my wife.

Hitts0n
11-01-2008, 02:11 AM
I rather hear this story in person !! lma00 !! :ROFL::ROFL:

trollmiester
11-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Got the eight stiches take in out yesterday.Wanted to go back out today to windy here.I am still laughing about it.Thanx for the replies.

adiablo420
11-09-2008, 06:13 PM
funny but painful... Man its those times when your by yourself and something like that happens..

n1ckxlam
11-10-2008, 10:52 PM
aw trolly, sorry to hear about the bum.
but, you took it like a man

Greg Madrigal
11-11-2008, 11:10 PM

TD

I agree! Wher's da pics?!

Um, was it kinda like havin a third nut danglin!? LOL!!!? Nice legal butt trolly! LOL

UM....ER, sorry 'bout the misfortune too....:/

GM<><

TroutOnly
11-16-2008, 11:25 AM
You dont want to see the pics of the scar,,,,,its scary as hell,,,,lol,,,

diamondbear
11-16-2008, 12:22 PM
I could hardly finish reading your report as I was feeling the pain . I bearied a rapalas treble hook deep into my thumb one morn. at DVL and let it hang there for an hour or so trying to get it out , finally I just freakin got mad and pulled like heck and it came out , lol I carry a good set of heavy wire cutters in my boat now just in case of . Iam glad your ok .

one_leg
11-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the skunk. Better luck next time.

DCCTrouserTrout
11-16-2008, 06:07 PM
what a drag. lol

trollmiester
08-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I had to look at this post again to remind me on what not to do tommorow.lololol

fisherman from long beach
08-08-2009, 03:24 PM
i like what your friend said,(if you fart) damn homie never go alone.lol

dixoncider
08-08-2009, 05:33 PM
OUCH !!!!! yet one more way to get hurt on the water.

trollmiester
04-19-2013, 08:43 AM
this is my all time favorite post and i hope you will get to enjoy it as much as i did.lolollllllllllllthanx for reading

one long cast
04-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Trolly after the report what hurts worst???? the wound or the harrassment????

NoHo ART
04-19-2013, 05:37 PM
hey chris why don't you post a picture for everyone to see what the scare looks like after 5 years

bachiboy
04-30-2013, 06:10 PM
You bring this post back from the dead and what happens a week later? I go and get three trebles stuck in my fingers. At least they weren't from a CD18, but I think you jinxed me Chris!:ROFL:

Lightline
05-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Glad I was the 3 contributor to you famous butt hook.

the best part is where the guys yanks your lure and say oh I though it was just stuck in your pants. .....lmao....snort snort ...lol

cutbait
05-09-2013, 05:47 AM
Dam trolley.. wonder if the hooks were the only thing keeping it from going in?

Think about it. Could a been worse

catfishkid1
05-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!! The true meaning of watch where you sit!!
Can you please have this story put into a short film, because I just sharted my pants reading this. Talk about laughing my *** off, this is funny as heck not to mention embarassing asking total strangers to cut a hook out your ***.
I feel your pain (along with everyone else reading this ) you had to do what you had to do and with a sense of calmness as tho this happens to you all the damn time.
Well I'm glad to hear you're doing better and only get an exaust leak when you raise your left leg too high!!!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Idiot::Idiot::Idi ot: "Thanks for the story"

soulsurfer
05-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Dang......that was funny as **** Troll. Thanks for making my monday morning

TUNAVIC
05-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Geeeeze,sorry about that!

Cya TunaVic

fishaholik
05-21-2013, 01:19 AM
it's been 5 years goddamn, thanks for bumping this thread back up, it's 1am in the morning and i'm ROFL screaming like a crazy man. thank you for the laugh, and i'm glad ur okay

BigBass777
06-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Ouch! Hooks of any size are no fun when they are embedded in you. $70 to take it out is cheap considering. A medical office can charge a lot of money for stuff like this.

fishinone
06-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Man! This is the first time I've read this.

I thought I was going to start sweating, just reading it.

trollmiester
06-26-2013, 12:06 PM
going back out on the big pond sunday-i hope i am careful-----lolollllllllllllllllllll

redondo todd
06-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Trollmiester, are you taking your tin can , or hitting up a cattle boat? Todd

trollmiester
06-26-2013, 01:53 PM
tin can lol

Indo-angler
07-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Hey trolly, dude I felt your pain...! Glad to see you can make light of it!

Even though I haven't been on FNN for awhile, but it has my vote for post/thread of the year!