PDA

View Full Version : PVR dam and powerplant, same area?

yztim
10-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Heading up to Bishop this fri-sun, and sounds like the powerplant area of PVR is a good place to look for browns. I can see the dam on the south end on google maps, is that little house the powerplant? I will be arriving late morning, any suggestions where to fish based on time of day? i.e. when I first get there midday. Plan to head west to sabrina/intake/creek sat am.
thanks,
tim

Trout-Slayer77
10-27-2008, 03:32 PM
the dam is on the south end, and the powerplant is at the north end. I usually fish the dam in the morning till about 11am.(bite slows down by then) then move north up the reservoir about a mile and fish the shoreline with jigs and lures. if its dead in the middle of the day, i would fish the owens river...or go to south lake or sabrina.

yztim
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Aha, the north end; found it on google maps, thanks! Where in that area is a legal/good place to get lines wet?

cjschock
10-27-2008, 07:51 PM
you can fish anywhere in the reservoir. The best luck I have had on browns in there was to hike down the steep rocky side of the reservoir and fish jerk baits. Cast diagonal to the rocks in the evening because the browns will hide in the rocks to ambush.

Badfish2
10-28-2008, 12:55 AM
yep, what he said.. cast parallel to shore.

yztim
10-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Are you talking at the powerplant where the steep rocks are or all along the reservoir? Sorry for lots of simple questions, I just have never been and want to give myself at good chance for this weekend.
tim

Badfish2
10-29-2008, 04:54 AM
They were specifically talking about the rocks that are near the power plant along shore.. walking down the path from the power plant toward the dam, about 1/4 way down to the dam in that area, there are tons of rocks that are huge along the shore that are submerged. That area is good times for the browns late evening with raplas or thomas bouyants. The dam area has a secret spot, but that I won't give up. I'll only say pay attention to the currents on the water near the dam, it's very subtle.. cast in turbulent areas along the shoreline if you see it.