PDA

View Full Version : Matt Walsh 10-26-08

shh777
10-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Fished the Matt Walsh today. It was very foggy in the morning, and burned off as the day went on. We fished for rock fish throughout the whole morning. A cabezon got the heaviest fish, but the kid that pulled it in was not in the jackpot - his dad was in the jackpot though -doh! (A lingcod ended winning jackpot). We had great live bait, but they were huge. Too bad the bonito never showed up. I caught a sheephead, a couple of sand dabs and a million little rock fish.

I specifically went to hang out with my father in law, but won't be going out anytime soon. I just didn't like pulling up all those small rock fish. The boat, captain, and help were great, don't get me wrong...but just hauling in small rock fish, one after another just didn't vibe with me (by the way I don't blame the boat for this it just is the way it is).

supasportkid
10-26-2008, 03:37 PM
nice report. yeah those small rockys are fun the first couple pulls, but in DEEP water, you work too hard for those lil guys! at least you got out though! thanks for the read

JapanRon
10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi shh777,

Thank you for the report. Although you said you weren't going anytime soon, I would suggest fishing up a little higher if you were getting the little guys. Reds, Johnny Bass and the like will be up off the bottom IF you have the willingness to ask the skipper on details on suspended fish and have patience.

Once I catch a Boc, I go into the Reds....... 20 cranks up to start routine !!

JapanRon

shh777
10-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the tip JapanRon....

russ88
10-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Don't like rockfishing myself...too much work!!! at least u got out n pull on some fish....tight lines!!!!