PDA

View Full Version : 4/14 New Del Mar Twilight

rusty6
04-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Decided to go out on my first twilight boat, thought it might be fun. Captain telss us that water temps are down by 3 degrees from the day before...in other words, the fishing was sloooooow. Only fished three spots. First spot resulted in 1 bass, a bunch of perch, and one bat ray. the next spot was pretty much most of the same. The third spot was where most fish were caught. I ended up with 1 above average sand bass, 2 rockfish, 2 sculpin. I need to mention that gulp really does outfish bait. All in all i must have caught and released 15 short sculpin and 4 short calico bass, i did not see anyone else pull up as much. Only one notable fish caught all evening, 1 sand bass at about 4ish pounds. i will definitely go back out on another twilight again sometime.

aspastic
04-15-2007, 10:18 AM
hey we were on the same boat! i have to agree with you on gulp outfishing bait. i switched and caught a couple of sculpin while my friend ended up with nothing

rusty6
04-15-2007, 11:08 AM
haha i was fishing right next to you for a while, trying to pick up that legal sculpin i couldn't get, thanks again for yours...they made some good tacos when i got home

Re8elmonk0341
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
when does the del mar twilight run? whats their web site and or phone number might want to catch it this week. thank you.

JapanRon
04-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi rusty6,

I'll leave the folllow-up info to you. On the trip, was that Friday or Saturday nite? The landing used to run Twilights even in Winter on a Friday night but they stopped that for a while! Hummmm

JapanRon

victor101
04-15-2007, 04:27 PM
when does the del mar twilight run? whats their web site and or phone number might want to catch it this week. thank you.

their twilights run on friday and saturday 6:00-12:00
http://www.marinadelreysportfishing.com

i havent been on their twilights yet. i think they still have a tourney going on. biggest twilight bass of the month fishes the next month for free. every attempt i make gets cancelled for one reason or another. i have to make it next sat. for sure.

Rusty, i thought there was a reason they didnt have a saturday night twilight fish report on their website.