PDA

View Full Version : SB Col Smith and Murdock

Howling Mad Murdock
10-25-2008, 10:26 PM
So I drove down from SF, on 0 sleep over 36 hours meeting Col Smith at Gaviota to kick it off and then move south to Goleta. Fished horrible high tide with too much salad in the water with my new Fuego and Lamiglas.

First few casts seaweed, more seaweed and the na fat BSP on a green Ito Visiononeten.

After being blasted by the waves we decided to move south and hit Goleta, which has always produced for us.

Getting there the high tide was done. The surf was calm, it was VERY overcast, and, again lots of salad to be had; we were on a mission to end the skunk for Smith!!

First cast on a golden/red Ito Visiononeten produced an 18" butt. Every subsequent cast after that was saladsville. Smith still using his LC110 still chasing the goose egg. Change to the brightest Ito I had...BAM snagglefis...err thornback!

Anyhow, sorry no pix, but we have all seen fat BSP, short butts and thornbacks. Tomorrow morning its time for us to stay local (matter of speaking since im from SF) and hit up Bolsa Chica jetty, always a great producer. Hope to see some of you guys there.

HMM

Wingnut
10-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey, thanks for the invite... I had to work Saturday. It's all good, you get to keep your lunch money. :LOL: :Wink: :Envious: Hope you guys did well today. Take care and have a safe trip home. :Cool:

Howling Mad Murdock
10-27-2008, 01:34 AM
I'm down here for a few days. The lunch money can still pass my direction!! If you are around or free a part of the morning.

We worked the Huntington docks at my buds place (BA Baracus) with Col Smith and we all landed a few sharks.

Grats on your exploits Saturday.

BTW have you tried the Itos yet?

HMM

Wingnut
10-27-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm down here for a few days. The lunch money can still pass my direction!! If you are around or free a part of the morning.

We worked the Huntington docks at my buds place (BA Baracus) with Col Smith and we all landed a few sharks.

Grats on your exploits Saturday.

BTW have you tried the Itos yet?

HMM

Here is my collection of Ito Vision 110s. Nice lures with good action, just doesn't cast as wells as the LC Flash Minnows. Can't fish on the week days, the boss won't allow it. :Wink:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Wingnut3/Picture001-10.jpg