PDA

View Full Version : oct 10-12 weekend june lake loop

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
10-25-2008, 12:23 PM
yea this report is lte but been reallyt busy w my new job!!! so herea it goes!!! my dad and tio and my cuzin and his friend headed up to the loop to do our annual fishing trip!!! weather forecasted was sum sun and snower showers thru friday and saturday!!!! so we left fridfay mornin bout 530am before u know it we r in olancha by 730 to stop to eat there at the cafe on the side of the road!!!lol i know thats fast that would have put me in bishop under 3 hours i was flyin up there my dad was gettin hungry i was like we can eat in bishop lol oh well thinkin i coould make it to the loop in 4 hours ho well we stil made good time gettin there by 1030 and had a line wet but 1045 we headed over to rush creek by the silver lake resort and camp ground. the weather was a lil cool as i but not to ccold for me i was in shorts a hoodie and my hiking boots!!! when we got to our spot which i had been tellin them bout i get the 1st stocker!!! no pics for that one i jus want pics of the quality ones lol!!! i think i left there w 3 in bout 30 mins b4 everyone was compliain its too cold and and snowing!!! i was like im in shorts and im not cold feels good lol!!! so them we go to the condo we rented for the weekend and man that place was nice i recommoned rainbow ridge realty across from ernies tackle at june lake decent prices and nice places plus u have the tiger bar in 2 mins walkin distance
well i wasnt done fishin and its bout 230 so i decided to head out in the blizzard conditions and fish good thing i had my military gortex jacket and pants w the fleece liners they come in handy when its windy so i styaed out there fishing june lake from the boulder resort shore its jus past the june lake marina. bout 40 mind in i start gettin hits on inflated crawlers then bout 430 my tio comes out and finishes fishing w me. i tell u that chunky cheese pb is a very good bait man it was cold for a lil while out ther but once the wind died down it wasnt too bad... i ended up catchin my limit b4 i headin in

so the next mornin my tio and i get up bout 530 and were headed out the door by 600 still sumwhat still dark well when we headed towards the spot i fished the day b4 we encountered sum fresh bear tracks too bad i didnt take any pics lol!!! we looked at them and said oh s*** !!! the tracks were following dear tracks we didnt sea ny blodd at figured he wasnt around so we then proceeded to fish keep an alert eye out.
with in the first 30 mins i catch 3 and my tio catches 1 al stocker trout.
he then got cold and headed back after that the bite was no existent til bout 1230 then all of a sudden i ended up w 4 in 20mins all on a powermouse combo (thanx TM65) but w pink gulp egg cluster and that was a good idea. thinkin of renting a pontoon they had there i mnetioned to my father and tio and they were like sure. so when the finally got to the launch it really started to snow.. we still when out and tuffed it out.

the 1st sopt we hit i had a slow hit but missed the set sumhow lol. then nothing so then we ended up moving... good idea again we were there not even 5 mins and all of a sudden i see my line move not really tuggin so i pick up my rod and and feel the head wiggle im like oh yea fish on!!!!! this fish starts takin line lol im like oh yea nice one!!! we get the fish in and its bout 22 plus inches and a cutty!!!! man havent caught one of those in a long time
my streak of big fish lives on!!! well then while i has bringin in the fish i didnt notice my other rod was gettin hit my lines got tangled!!! to i cut both lines and one ot thelines sum how gets stuck onb the boat so i bring i the line it by hand and what do u know i have a nice pink tagged (berkley sponsor) at the end of the line!!! sum oneup ther is lookin out for me!!!! well that made my day i was ready to call it quits time for a beer lol!!!!! As we were bout to leave my dad brings his line in and ends up catchin a cutty also but on chunky cheese pb lol what do u know lol all in all it was a fun weekend cant wait til next year!!!!
heres the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

samgann93
10-25-2008, 12:45 PM
sounds like you had fun up there.

nice job.

retired/lasd
10-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Lets see, Upland to the junction of 395/14 is 135 miles, add the extra 30-40 miles to Olancha, and you say you made it in two hours, I guess you were driving about 130 miles per hour.

And people wonder why hwy 395 is one of the most deadly highways in the country.

one_leg
10-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Ha Ha Ha, only 135 MPH? You are getting more cautious in your old age.

How much did you have to pay him to suck the face of the nice looking trout?

Thanks for making a lil' bit green with envy.

:Twisted:
lolololololololol

Did you guys try trolling behind the pontoon? If not, why not?

Congrats to you all. Now you need to get ready to troll the Vine.

:ROFL:

Sparky70
10-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Clean your FINGERNAILS..........:Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes:

GdHkSet1
10-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the great report and pics, with the gas prices getting lower may have to hit a weekend trip up there

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
10-25-2008, 11:54 PM
add that again cvuz ill do it again and its way under 90 mph more like 80-85 come on lol jk lol ad 395 is not deadly people jus dont know how to drive it!!!!so if u think bout it 135 betrween upland 395 thatsd 65 plus per hour lol ok that prove ur ADDITION lol from ok lil fibbin but i was doin close to 95 will that help lol but in the past ive haver made it to bishop 3 hours swear to GOD!!![QUOTE=retired/lasd;257442]Lets see, Upland to the junction of 395/14 is 135 miles, add the extra 30-40 miles to Olancha, and you say you made it in two hours, I guess you were driving about 130 miles per hour.

i know t/o has made it faster lol its possible !!!! i know im gonna get critics oh well but ill tell u those fish taste damn good waht a fish fry we had tonight!!!!!

if u wanna find out ikll prove it i can make it to bishop in 3 hours!!!!

tacklejunkie
10-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Good work up there bro! Keep it up! Looks like fun man, love fishing them trouts in the snow! Ease up out there on the roads! :LOL:

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
10-26-2008, 10:43 AM
if u think bout it upland to bishop is 250 milies so id have to average 80 miles an hour which is a lil over 3 hours most california drivers drive that speed anyways so theres ur proof i swear everyone likes to find the bad things in good things lol lets see what they did wrong today!!!! lol

retired/lasd
10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
if u think bout it upland to bishop is 250 milies so id have to average 80 miles an hour which is a lil over 3 hours most california drivers drive that speed anyways so theres ur proof i swear everyone likes to find the bad things in good things lol lets see what they did wrong today!!!! lol

The drive thru Adelanto with the signals and stop signs, the slower traffic as you go thru the Inyo County towns, tells me one thing you drive way too fast, with your attitude about driving 395 its only a matter of time before the CHP nails you with a very expensive ticket in hundreds of dollars or you become a 395 statistic.

I have driven 395 for almost 40 years, drive it over 25 times a year and have personally witnessed 6 fatal traffic accidents that killed 14 people, every accident was because someone was driving like a fool...

Life is too precious to throw it away because your in a hurry, the fish will still be there if you drive the speed limit..

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
i was jus driving w the flow of traffic!!!! i slow down for the towns with the speed zones ok!!! mostly everyone is cruising at 75-80mph so criticize everyone else too!! you know i thought this site was to post fishing reports not criticize everyone!!!! sumone always has to put thier 2 cents in dont they!!!!! i come on here to view and post fishing reports lol but sumone always has to ruin the moment!!! and im a safe driver havent had a ticket in 10 years!!!!

and jus to make people happy ill slow it down cuz being stationed in germany the autobahn rubbed off on me!!!! lol!!!

Badfish2
10-27-2008, 01:20 AM
People do haul booty on the 395.. I bought a Valentine 1 just for the trips up there.. it's worked flawlessly so far. Picking off CHP over 8 miles away at some points.. but I never speed through the towns and I keep it under 85 for the most part. There are opportunities to speed up there with safety in mind, it's not the speed that kills on 395 as much as it is the people that pass wrecklessly when there is no room to pass or it's in a hilly section of the highway. If you drive 65 mph or 55 (speedlimit on some parts of 395) you're going to get rear ended or cause back ups on the highway which will end up making other drivers wreckless trying to get around you. Go with the flow and you'll be fine. CHP up there won't write until you get passed 75 mph anyway.. trust me I've had talks with them. BTW.. if you're thinking there are no CHP around Red Mountain, you're wrong.

Troutman65
10-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, The 395 is not the Autobahn. Remember your States side now:Wink:

Nice that you and your Dad can still fish together. :Cool:

Nice report and pics.

See you at the Lake brother:!!!:

Rubble
10-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Great Report & Pics....!!!!!

That one of the picnic table at the bend in Rush is one of my favorite spots,guaranteed couple every year......

By the way....the Black Bears don't eat the Deer(unless it's a really bad year & the Bear is Starving),they feed mostly on Berries,roots & the garbage in the Alley in June Lake at night.....:LOL:

I've been trapped on the rock at the end of Fisherman's Trail at Gull a couple times when a Bear came up the trail & although its Scary,they usually just go up & over....:Shocked:

Crawler
10-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Way to go on the cutties man! :Beer Toast:

xxwake4lifexx
10-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Its so beautiful up there! I miss it. Haven't been up there in years and I'm due!

Looks like a fun trip though!