PDA

View Full Version : Marina Del rey monday 11-20

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Took a trip to Marina Del Rey yesterday Sunday 11-20

This was a solo trip and was going to be a short one as my vacation wound down to an end…I got to the marina about 2:30pm……roughly slack tide…..not too bad of a time but a little late to my preference in the tide.

Searching…..Targeting….Scanning…..and a hunting I did a go!!!!!

Huntin Halibut !!!!

The hunt started slow….worked the 4” gulp alive emerald shiner at 1st for 4 macks and 3 calico’s and 2 cuda……
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinadelrey11-20-08cuda.jpg
Damn….this looked like it was going to roll out like Thursdays trip there….flattie less : (

THEN…..thump..on da jig I feel in the zones where these other fishies don’t frequent much !!!

Drive on that sucka….the 3/0 gamagakstu does it’s job……only a dank…..but a flattie nonetheless….
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinadelrey11-20-08flattie1.jpg
I know those suckas there and where ya find one…theyre be more !!!!!.....SO

A seaching again I go….working with my trolling motor but not straying too far from the initial strike zone…working every foot of that perimeter !

Hookup !! another small flattie…….
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinadelrey11-20-08flattie2.jpg

Come on !!!!

Grandma…..Ohhhh Grandma !!!! I’m calling for ya !....I wish to challenge your flesh against my steel……

I work on !

I think grandma heard and took my challenge…Cause…..something happened !

In about 15’ of water….as I work the jig….bouncin bottom….sendin my kharma with it !

Thump….Thump….Pressure, then movement……

I drive !!!!!!!....Zzzzzzzzzz!….thump thump Zzzzzzzzz ! Zzzzz thump thump….oh yes……ohhh yes !!!!!! heading towards open water…it’s a toad Deluxe….seems to be a big flattie…..most likely the biggest I’ve ever squared up against ! Ohhhh Yeah !!!!!

Then…..the hook pops out of the mouth Damn !!!!!

Oh well…that’s fishing….this motha of a Halibut took my challenge and won….I’ll be back fer ya…don’t you worry none !

I work that same perimeter….13 to 15’ seemed to key for the flatties this day….thump…….thump…..Hookset !!!...drive on ‘em…and I drive good and hard….extra hard….drag pullin hookestet !...... and I made sure I let it take it a little b4 I did so…..

This time…”I am the victor !”

A nice big fat toad flattie hits the net….another one bites the dust and a nice Halibut dinner awaits me tonight !!!!
NOTE: Blooooooood !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/marinadelrey11-20-08flattie3.jpg

I was happy to be able to locate them suckas…Thursdays return trip did not produce a single flattie for me….it seemed like a partial red tide affected some of the zones I lurked in on Thursday but they were around this Sunday…
Goes to prove that persistence in a search does pay off….

lizzay
10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Nice Flattie. Good job on the hunt and success!

madbass
10-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Great job on the halibuts! As always, you manage to catch the monster!

GeordyBass
10-24-2008, 12:23 PM
nice hali bloodshot...that shot looks brutal...lol...so how much time until it can walk right???:ROFL:

one_leg
10-24-2008, 12:36 PM
nice hali bloodshot...that shot looks brutal...lol...so how much time until it can walk right???:ROFL:

Gary, you done pretty good teaching Geordy how to fish.

But Please Please Please try to teach him how to talk smack.
The boy needs some serious help in that department!!!
:Wink:

And thanks for the post.

GeordyBass
10-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Gary, you done pretty good teaching Geordy how to fish.

But Please Please Please try to teach him how to talk smack.
The boy needs some serious help in that department!!!
:Wink:

And thanks for the post.

peg_leg you bastard...hahaha

one_leg
10-24-2008, 12:57 PM
peg_leg you bastard...hahaha

You're just mad cause T/O won't claim you as his own.

You should consider yourself lucky that they let him drop you off on the fire station's doorstep.

Gary makes you look like a much better fisherman than you really are.

:ROFL:

one_leg
10-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Oops, sorry Gary, I thought that this was Geordy's thread.

Damn you Geordy, you trying to make me look bad?

I already do that well enough.

Gary, I'm sorry for the threadjack.

GeordyBass
10-24-2008, 01:00 PM
You're just mad cause T/O won't claim you as his own.

You should consider yourself lucky that they let him drop you off on the fire station's doorstep.

Gary makes you look like a much better fisherman than you really are.

:ROFL:

alan you piece of $h!t...lol...

DEADROOTS
10-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Awesome fish bro. I'm headed out there in a minute . Hopefully Ill post tonight.
Good job!

candyman
10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
LoL great job once again!! You love those blood shots don't you?

TroutOnly
10-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey pegleg leave him alone hes a good kid, 818 whats that smell is it the gimp,,,,,,lol,,,