PDA

View Full Version : Why is DFG Shorthanded? Read this...

Fish Dog
10-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Click over to the third page... (actually look at the whole thing..that's just the start)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2172431/California-Fish-and-Game-Warden-Expose

...nuff said...

one_leg
10-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Wardens are 3 times more likely than CHP to be killed by gunfire. :Shocked:

chris
10-24-2008, 09:10 AM
that comparison page is crazy half the money twice the qualifications

fish4keep
10-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Wardens are 3 times more likely than CHP to be killed by gunfire. :Shocked:

That's nothing new since wardens will be dealing with people with guns (hunters). CHP are more likely to be killed by DUIs......

Fish Dog
10-24-2008, 01:13 PM
For those that are focused on who might get killed by what I think the main point we need to take in here is plainly, as chris said, twice the qualifications required and half the money. How can this state expect to hire enough Wardens to effectively do the fish and game enforcement when they pay like half of what they could get else where? You've got to be able to pay them enough to keep them from going to other Law Enforcement agencies that pay a lot more. Nothing like being dedicated and then realizing that the kid can't go to the college you'd like and the wife is complaining that Sally, next door, who's husband is a Sheriff's Deputy, can buy all these nice clothes and go on all these nice trips and we never go anywhere because you don't make enough money and I have to work part time just so we can get by. What'd you think a guys going to do after a few years of looking at the Deputy next door?

candyman
10-24-2008, 01:41 PM
For those that are focused on who might get killed by what I think the main point we need to take in here is plainly, as chris said, twice the qualifications required and half the money. How can this state expect to hire enough Wardens to effectively do the fish and game enforcement when they pay like half of what they could get else where? You've got to be able to pay them enough to keep them from going to other Law Enforcement agencies that pay a lot more. Nothing like being dedicated and then realizing that the kid can't go to the college you'd like and the wife is complaining that Sally, next door, who's husband is a Sheriff's Deputy, can buy all these nice clothes and go on all these nice trips and we never go anywhere because you don't make enough money and I have to work part time just so we can get by. What'd you think a guys going to do after a few years of looking at the Deputy next door?

I think that sums it up pretty much... I mean unless you love it and don't have a family to take care of...you kinda don't have a choice, you just have to go to where the money is for your family and loved ones that depend on you...

phyl

Fish Dog
10-24-2008, 01:46 PM
BTW - Just heard they're going to be taking applications in November. All you wannabes here's your chance! (I'm too old, sorry).

DarkShadow
10-24-2008, 02:15 PM
It's obvious that the DFG has limited resources....

Which is why I'm a big proponent on them using their resources efficiently; in other words, not going out of their way to make a federal case of someone catching and releasing a steelhead in a body of water that is already ruined, thanks to dams and development, and instead, enforcing rules and regulations in an area where you're bound to make a bigger impact.

It'd be like the LAPD being short on police officers, and having a squadron dedicated to catching jay walkers on the most remote stretches of the city.

Deputy Teapot, where are you!?

SOSO
10-24-2008, 02:29 PM
:ROFL: "Deputy Teapot"

HBJapo
10-24-2008, 03:17 PM
It'd be like the LAPD being short on police officers, and having a squadron dedicated to catching jay walkers on the most remote stretches of the city.

Deputy Teapot, where are you!?

This may be occurring very, very soon, if the economy doesn't turn around.

Japo :Envious:

Sparky70
10-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Most game wardens( But not all) are either fired police officers, or can't qualify to be a CHP, Sheriff. Kern county has a really LOUSE for a game warden, his name is Terri (dick head). :Dead Horse::Dead Horse::Dead Horse:,
Guess we have to put up with him until he gets fired again.

Ire
10-24-2008, 09:55 PM
BTW - Just heard they're going to be taking applications in November. All you wannabes here's your chance! (I'm too old, sorry).

I'm going for it, same with my friend Steve.

jerryG
10-25-2008, 02:17 AM
Most game wardens( But not all) are either fired police officers, or can't qualify to be a CHP, Sheriff. Kern county has a really LOUSE for a game warden, his name is Terri (dick head). :Dead Horse::Dead Horse::Dead Horse:,

FYI-According the information provided by the link there are more qualifications required for becoming a DFG officer than there are for CHP officers.

JerryG

Fish Dog
10-25-2008, 08:02 PM

Where's your facts to back this up? Maybe the guys a dip-wad, there's bad apples in every profession, also, maybe he's just tired of doing more work for less pay. Once a Police Officer is fired another law enforcement agency won't hire him. And, due to the specialized training, they have to go through the DFG academy, even if they've had prior law enforcement experience. And, as jerry-G said, if you look at the expose, it plainly shows they need more qualifications to get into the DFG.