PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a two day trip

recnpark
10-15-2008, 01:06 PM
My partner and I want to come up to the Bishop area later this month. Need info on where to stay, where to eat and most importantly, where to fish. Would like to have a chance at something other than stockers. Got to get away from southern cal area for awhile. Can bring boat, tube or even shore fish. Thanks for you replys.

Badfish2
10-15-2008, 07:20 PM
did I already reply to this:Confused:

tpfishnfool
10-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I just got back today from a two day trip. Started out going to South lake Tuesday am. Very slow. No wind, perfect, almost too good weather.. Then went down the hill and fished the Owens at Five Bridges. Flows were up around 400cfm. Managed a couple of 10'' browns
on a black Panther Martin. Wedensday drove up too the loop and fished Gull and Grant for nada.. Tried everything from crawlers and all the lures, bouants,kastmasters,rapalas etc.
Full Moon maybe ? Today I fished Convict for one small Brown then went down to Rock Creek Lake for nada. I have never seen such perfect weather in my 40yrs fishing the Sierras. Zero Wind for Two and a half Days. You can tell a Storm came through last weekend by the Aspen Leaves are brown and black instead of being yellow and orange.
Snow on the ground above 8000ft. Get up there soon, Timing is everything..

Badfish2
10-17-2008, 12:50 AM
srsly? Skunked at Gull and Grant? :EyePop: