PDA

View Full Version : Seal Beach Jetty Question

SiouxK
10-12-2008, 10:53 PM
I am new at saltwater area;s and was wondering if fishing is allowed along the inlet of the San Gabriel River area?

fishndrinknsmokin
10-13-2008, 08:30 AM
My understanding is that it is ok.....just have your license. On a side note....I recently read an article in the paper that talked about a group of sea turtles that are living in the San Gabe River.....just a little inland of the outlet. They have been there for a while and the scientists now think there are many more then what they had first anticipated. Keep your eyes open and you might be able to see something cool if you're lucky.

tacklejunkie
10-13-2008, 08:59 AM
It's legal.
I have fished there for many shorts and that's where I watched a barn door probably 30" turn from my LC 10 feet in front of me :Twisted:
Lots of different species around there :Wink:
Cops and lifeguards and all kind of enforcement watched me fish there and never said anything. I have seen others fish there as well.

lurk 182
10-16-2008, 11:18 AM
its all good. save yourself a couple bucks and avoid the pay lot on the beach.

KaliDawgFan
10-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes, you can fish there. The fish in the area seem to love ghost shrimp the most. You don't need a license from there either. I've had DFG come up on quite a few occasions and I not get ticketed while not having my license with me.

fish4keep
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes, you can fish there. You don't need a license from there either. I've had DFG come up on quite a few occasions and I not get ticketed while not having my license with me.

It would depend on which jetty. If you're fishing on the Seal Beach side jetty, you do need a license. If you're fishing the middle jetty, then yeah no license needed.

LBSea
10-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Not 100% about this but it was my understanding that you do not need a fishing lic. to fish off of ANY man made structure such as a PIER or JETTY. Is he right? SAY IT!!!!!!

kissthecrook
10-26-2008, 07:39 PM
you can fish there;
but the only place
I had to cast around a couch.
Big couch.
Cushions floated around for a bit.
I would never eat anything from there.
Keep an eye out for Bonita.